Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Hamster, Human, Recombinant fragment
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody
See all Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Hamster, Human, Recombinant fragment
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Pig
- WB: Recombinant DHFR.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis antibody is affinity isolated.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49881 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
FunctionKey enzyme in folate metabolism. Catalyzes an essential reaction for de novo glycine and purine synthesis, and for DNA precursor synthesis.
PathwayCofactor biosynthesis; tetrahydrofolate biosynthesis; 5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolate from 7,8-dihydrofolate: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dihydrofolate reductase family.
Contains 1 DHFR (dihydrofolate reductase) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DHFR antibody
- DHFRP1 antibody
- Dihydrofolate reductase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody (ab49881) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : recombinant DHFR at 0.2 µg
Lane 2 : recombinant DHFR at 0.1 µg
Lane 3 : recombinant DHFR at 0.05 µg
Lane 4 : recombinant DHFR at 0.025 µg
Lane 5 : recombinant DHFR at 0.0125 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa
ab49881 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lee YH et al. DHFR and MDR1 upregulation is associated with chemoresistance in osteosarcoma stem-like cells. Oncol Lett 14:171-179 (2017). PubMed: 28693150
- Nakano M et al. A-to-I RNA Editing Up-regulates Human Dihydrofolate Reductase in Breast Cancer. J Biol Chem 292:4873-4884 (2017). PubMed: 28188287
- Youn JY et al. Bone Morphogenic Protein 4 Mediates NOX1-Dependent eNOS Uncoupling, Endothelial Dysfunction, and COX2 Induction in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Mol Endocrinol 29:1123-33 (2015). PubMed: 26121233
- Gilbert J et al. Phase 2 trial of oxaliplatin and pemetrexed as an induction regimen in locally advanced head and neck cancer. Cancer 118:1007-13 (2012). PubMed: 21766301
- Anderson DD et al. Serine hydroxymethyltransferase anchors de novo thymidylate synthesis pathway to nuclear lamina for DNA synthesis. J Biol Chem 287:7051-62 (2012). IP ; Human . PubMed: 22235121
- Martin SA et al. Methotrexate induces oxidative DNA damage and is selectively lethal to tumour cells with defects in the DNA mismatch repair gene MSH2. EMBO Mol Med 1:323-37 (2009). WB . PubMed: 20049736