Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Hamster, Human, Recombinant fragment
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody
See all Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Hamster, Human, Recombinant fragment
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Pig
- WB: Recombinant DHFR.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis antibody is affinity isolated.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49881 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
FunctionKey enzyme in folate metabolism. Catalyzes an essential reaction for de novo glycine and purine synthesis, and for DNA precursor synthesis.
PathwayCofactor biosynthesis; tetrahydrofolate biosynthesis; 5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolate from 7,8-dihydrofolate: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dihydrofolate reductase family.
Contains 1 DHFR (dihydrofolate reductase) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DHFR antibody
- DHFRP1 antibody
- Dihydrofolate reductase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody (ab49881) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : recombinant DHFR at 0.2 µg
Lane 2 : recombinant DHFR at 0.1 µg
Lane 3 : recombinant DHFR at 0.05 µg
Lane 4 : recombinant DHFR at 0.025 µg
Lane 5 : recombinant DHFR at 0.0125 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa
ab49881 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Sdelci S et al. MTHFD1 interaction with BRD4 links folate metabolism to transcriptional regulation. Nat Genet 51:990-998 (2019). PubMed: 31133746
- Nakano M et al. A-to-I RNA Editing Up-regulates Human Dihydrofolate Reductase in Breast Cancer. J Biol Chem 292:4873-4884 (2017). PubMed: 28188287
- Lee YH et al. DHFR and MDR1 upregulation is associated with chemoresistance in osteosarcoma stem-like cells. Oncol Lett 14:171-179 (2017). PubMed: 28693150
- Youn JY et al. Bone Morphogenic Protein 4 Mediates NOX1-Dependent eNOS Uncoupling, Endothelial Dysfunction, and COX2 Induction in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Mol Endocrinol 29:1123-33 (2015). PubMed: 26121233
- Gilbert J et al. Phase 2 trial of oxaliplatin and pemetrexed as an induction regimen in locally advanced head and neck cancer. Cancer 118:1007-13 (2012). PubMed: 21766301
- Anderson DD et al. Serine hydroxymethyltransferase anchors de novo thymidylate synthesis pathway to nuclear lamina for DNA synthesis. J Biol Chem 287:7051-62 (2012). IP ; Human . PubMed: 22235121
- Martin SA et al. Methotrexate induces oxidative DNA damage and is selectively lethal to tumour cells with defects in the DNA mismatch repair gene MSH2. EMBO Mol Med 1:323-37 (2009). WB . PubMed: 20049736