Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5284] to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody [EPR5284]
See all Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5284] to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide. corresponding to Human Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) aa 1-100.
Database link: P00374
- HeLa, Jurkat, U937, 293T, C6, RAW 264.7 and PC-12 cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 1.28 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133546 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
FunctionKey enzyme in folate metabolism. Catalyzes an essential reaction for de novo glycine and purine synthesis, and for DNA precursor synthesis.
PathwayCofactor biosynthesis; tetrahydrofolate biosynthesis; 5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolate from 7,8-dihydrofolate: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dihydrofolate reductase family.
Contains 1 DHFR (dihydrofolate reductase) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DHFR antibody
- DHFRP1 antibody
- Dihydrofolate reductase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody [EPR5284] (ab133546) at 1/10000 dilution (purified)
Lane 1 : Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : U937 (Human histiocytic lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : C6 (Rat glial tumor cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : RAW 264.7 (Mouse macrophage cell line transformed with Abelson murine leukemia virus) whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : PC-12 (Rat adrenal gland pheochromocytoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/100000 dilution (Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated)
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
All lanes : Anti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody [EPR5284] (ab133546) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 3 : U937 cell lysate
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab133546 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Gong L et al. The mevalonate coordinates energy input and cell proliferation. Cell Death Dis 10:327 (2019). PubMed: 30975976
- Ashkavand Z et al. Metabolic Reprogramming by Folate Restriction Leads to a Less Aggressive Cancer Phenotype. Mol Cancer Res 15:189-200 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28108628
- Beane OS et al. Disparate Response to Methotrexate in Stem Versus Non-Stem Cells. Stem Cell Rev 12:340-51 (2016). PubMed: 26815725
- Thoms JA et al. Arrested Hematopoiesis and Vascular Relaxation Defects in Mice with a Mutation in Dhfr. Mol Cell Biol 36:1222-36 (2016). PubMed: 26830229
- Lee SW et al. Overexpression of thymidylate synthetase confers an independent prognostic indicator in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol 95:83-90 (2013). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 23726796