Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5285] to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody [EPR5285]
See all Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5285] to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa, Jurkat, Y-79, 293T, Mouse spleen and Rat kidney lysates; Human cervical carcinoma tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124814 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. (Heat to 98°C, allow to cool for 10-20 minutes)|
FunctionKey enzyme in folate metabolism. Catalyzes an essential reaction for de novo glycine and purine synthesis, and for DNA precursor synthesis.
PathwayCofactor biosynthesis; tetrahydrofolate biosynthesis; 5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolate from 7,8-dihydrofolate: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dihydrofolate reductase family.
Contains 1 DHFR (dihydrofolate reductase) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DHFR antibody
- DHFRP1 antibody
- Dihydrofolate reductase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody [EPR5285] (ab124814) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysates
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysates
Lane 3 : Y-79 cell lysates
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysates
Lane 5 : Mouse spleen lysates
Lane 6 : Rat kidney lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
ab124814 at 1/100 dilution, staining Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) in paraffin-embedded Human cervical carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab124814 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Shinojima N et al. Clinical significance of polyglutamylation in primary central nervous system lymphoma. Acta Neuropathol Commun 6:15 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29475458
- Hughes L et al. An active second dihydrofolate reductase enzyme is not a feature of rat and mouse, but they do have activity in their mitochondria. FEBS Lett 589:1855-62 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25980602
- Allen MD et al. Prognostic and therapeutic impact of argininosuccinate synthetase 1 control in bladder cancer as monitored longitudinally by PET imaging. Cancer Res 74:896-907 (2014). PubMed: 24285724
- Garon EB et al. The HSP90 inhibitor NVP-AUY922 potently inhibits non-small cell lung cancer growth. Mol Cancer Ther 12:890-900 (2013). PubMed: 23493311