Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5285] to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody [EPR5285]
See all Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5285] to Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa, Jurkat, Y-79, 293T, Mouse spleen and Rat kidney lysates; Human cervical carcinoma tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124814 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. (Heat to 98°C, allow to cool for 10-20 minutes)|
FunctionKey enzyme in folate metabolism. Catalyzes an essential reaction for de novo glycine and purine synthesis, and for DNA precursor synthesis.
PathwayCofactor biosynthesis; tetrahydrofolate biosynthesis; 5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolate from 7,8-dihydrofolate: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dihydrofolate reductase family.
Contains 1 DHFR (dihydrofolate reductase) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DHFR antibody
- DHFRP1 antibody
- Dihydrofolate reductase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) antibody [EPR5285] (ab124814) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysates
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysates
Lane 3 : Y-79 cell lysates
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysates
Lane 5 : Mouse spleen lysates
Lane 6 : Rat kidney lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
ab124814 at 1/100 dilution, staining Dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) in paraffin-embedded Human cervical carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab124814 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Shinojima N et al. Clinical significance of polyglutamylation in primary central nervous system lymphoma. Acta Neuropathol Commun 6:15 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29475458
- Hughes L et al. An active second dihydrofolate reductase enzyme is not a feature of rat and mouse, but they do have activity in their mitochondria. FEBS Lett 589:1855-62 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25980602
- Allen MD et al. Prognostic and therapeutic impact of argininosuccinate synthetase 1 control in bladder cancer as monitored longitudinally by PET imaging. Cancer Res 74:896-907 (2014). PubMed: 24285724
- Garon EB et al. The HSP90 inhibitor NVP-AUY922 potently inhibits non-small cell lung cancer growth. Mol Cancer Ther 12:890-900 (2013). PubMed: 23493311