Key features and details
- Potent NO synthase, NADPH oxidases and NADPH cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase inhibitor
- CAS Number: 4673-26-1
- Purity: > 98%
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameDiphenyleneiodonium chloride, NO synthase
DescriptionPotent NO synthase, NADPH oxidases and NADPH cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase inhibitor
Biological descriptionPotent NO synthase, NADPH oxidases and NADPH cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase inhibitor (IC50 = 30 nM, NO production). Suppresses light-dependent induction of clock and DNA repair genes. Inhibits platelet aggregation in vivo.
Chemical nameDibenziodolium chloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141310 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Chen MS et al. Lipofundin Mediates the Major Inhibition of Intravenous Propofol in IL-1ß Secretion and Phagocytosis of Staphylococcus aureus-Infected Macrophages. Lipids 55:45-52 (2020). PubMed: 31838756
- Chen MS et al. Propofol specifically reduces PMA-induced neutrophil extracellular trap formation through inhibition of p-ERK and HOCl. Life Sci 221:178-186 (2019). PubMed: 30771312
- Chen MS et al. Propofol specifically suppresses IL-1ß secretion but increases bacterial survival in Staphylococcus aureus-infected RAW264.7 cells. Mol Cell Biochem 449:117-125 (2018). PubMed: 29667111