Product nameDishevelled 2 peptide
See all Dishevelled 2 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab173138 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Dishevelled 2 (phospho S143) antibody [EPNCIR145] (ab124933)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- Dishevelled 2 (homologous to Drosophila dsh)
- Dishevelled dsh homolog 2
- dishevelled segment polarity protein 2
FunctionParticipates in Wnt signaling by binding to the cytoplasmic C-terminus of frizzled family members and transducing the Wnt signal to down-stream effectors. Promotes internalization and degradation of frizzled proteins upon Wnt signaling. Plays a role both in canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling. Plays a role in the signal transduction pathways mediated by multiple Wnt genes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DSH family.
Contains 1 DEP domain.
Contains 1 DIX domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
DomainThe DIX domain mediates homooligomerization.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm > cytosol. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Localizes at the cell membrane upon interaction with frizzled family members and promotes their internalization. Localizes to cytoplasmic puncta.
- Information by UniProt
ab173138 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.