Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameDishevelled 2 peptide
See all Dishevelled 2 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab173138 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Dishevelled 2 (phospho S143) antibody [EPNCIR145] (ab124933)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- Dishevelled 2 (homologous to Drosophila dsh)
- Dishevelled dsh homolog 2
- dishevelled segment polarity protein 2
FunctionParticipates in Wnt signaling by binding to the cytoplasmic C-terminus of frizzled family members and transducing the Wnt signal to down-stream effectors. Promotes internalization and degradation of frizzled proteins upon Wnt signaling. Plays a role both in canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling. Plays a role in the signal transduction pathways mediated by multiple Wnt genes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DSH family.
Contains 1 DEP domain.
Contains 1 DIX domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
DomainThe DIX domain mediates homooligomerization.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm > cytosol. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Localizes at the cell membrane upon interaction with frizzled family members and promotes their internalization. Localizes to cytoplasmic puncta.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab173138 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.