Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4759] to DKK1 - Low endotoxin, Azide free
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
Product nameAnti-DKK1 antibody [EPR4759] - Low endotoxin, Azide free
See all DKK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4759] to DKK1 - Low endotoxin, Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IP
Predicted to work with: Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human DKK1
- JAR, HepG2, HeLa, and NCCIT cell lysates; Human placenta tissue; HeLa cells.
ab221779 is a carrier-free antibody designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our Low endotoxin, azide-free formats have low endotoxin level (≤ 1 EU/ml, determined by the LAL assay) and are free from azide, to achieve consistent experimental results in functional assays.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab221779 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
antigen retrieval is recommended.
FunctionAntagonizes canonical Wnt signaling by inhibiting LRP5/6 interaction with Wnt and by forming a ternary complex with the transmembrane protein KREMEN that promotes internalization of LRP5/6. DKKs play an important role in vertebrate development, where they locally inhibit Wnt regulated processes such as antero-posterior axial patterning, limb development, somitogenesis and eye formation. In the adult, Dkks are implicated in bone formation and bone disease, cancer and Alzheimer disease.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dickkopf family.
DomainThe C-terminal cysteine-rich domain mediates interaction with LRP5 and LRP6.
- Information by UniProt
- Dickkopf 1 antibody
- Dickkopf 1 homolog antibody
- Dickkopf 1 like antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Human liver tissue sections labeling DKK1 with Purified ab109416 at 1:800 dilution (1.04 µg/ml). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0)ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use)was used as the secondary antibody.Negative control:PBS instead of the primary antibody.Hematoxylinwas used as a counterstain
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation containing PBS, BSA, glycerol, and sodium azide (ab109416).
ab221779 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li Y et al. Minocycline protects against hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury in a rat model. Biomed Rep 3:19-24 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25469240
- Lyros O et al. Dickkopf-1, the Wnt antagonist, is induced by acidic pH and mediates epithelial cellular senescence in human reflux esophagitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 306:G557-74 (2014). IF ; Human . PubMed: 24481601
- Chen C et al. Elevated levels of Dickkopf-1 are associated with ß-catenin accumulation and poor prognosis in patients with chondrosarcoma. PLoS One 9:e105414 (2014). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25144498
- Dees C et al. The Wnt antagonists DKK1 and SFRP1 are downregulated by promoter hypermethylation in systemic sclerosis. Ann Rheum Dis N/A:N/A (2013). WB . PubMed: 23698475