Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to DLX3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-DLX3 antibody
See all DLX3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DLX3
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total DLX3 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) from an internal region
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64953 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionLikely to play a regulatory role in the development of the ventral forebrain. May play a role in craniofacial patterning and morphogenesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DLX3 are a cause of trichodentoosseous syndrome (TDO) [MIM:190320]. TDO is an autosomal dominant syndrome characterized by enamel hypoplasia and hypocalcification with associated strikingly curly hair.
Defects in DLX3 are the cause of amelogenesis imperfecta type 4 (AI4) [MIM:104510]; also known as amelogenesis imperfecta hypomaturation-hypoplastic type with taurodontism. AI4 is an autosomal dominant defect of enamel formation associated with enlarged pulp chambers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the distal-less homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- AI4 antibody
- Distal less homeo box 3 antibody
- DLX 3 antibody
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded human heart tissue using ab64953 at 1/50 dilution. Right hand panel was also treated with immunising peptide.
All lanes : Anti-DLX3 antibody (ab64953) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell extract
Lane 2 : 293 cell extract with immunising peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab64953 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yang G et al. BMP-2 induced Dspp transcription is mediated by Dlx3/Osx signaling pathway in odontoblasts. Sci Rep 7:10775 (2017). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 28883412
- Wu LA et al. Establishment of Immortalized BMP2/4 Double Knock-Out Osteoblastic Cells Is Essential for Study of Osteoblast Growth, Differentiation, and Osteogenesis. J Cell Physiol 231:1189-98 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26595646
- Zhang Z et al. Transcriptional factor DLX3 promotes the gene expression of enamel matrix proteins during amelogenesis. PLoS One 10:e0121288 (2015). IHC-P . PubMed: 25815730
- Gahring LC et al. Nicotinic receptor Alpha7 expression during mouse adrenal gland development. PLoS One 9:e103861 (2014). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 25093893
- Wu LA et al. Development and characterization of a mouse floxed Bmp2 osteoblast cell line that retains osteoblast genotype and phenotype. Cell Tissue Res 343:545-58 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 21271257
- Wu LA et al. Immortalized mouse floxed Bmp2 dental papilla mesenchymal cell lines preserve odontoblastic phenotype and respond to BMP2. J Cell Physiol 225:132-9 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20458728
- Wu LA et al. Immortalization and characterization of mouse floxed Bmp2/4 osteoblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:89-95 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 19501574