Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2H12/4] to DMC1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-DMC1 antibody [2H12/4]
See all DMC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2H12/4] to DMC1
SpecificitySpecific for DMC1 - does not cross-react with the related protein Rad51. The antibody was tested on mouse meiotic chromosomes. It allowed localisation of the Dmc1 protein as numerous foci in the Leptotene and Zygotene stages of meiotic prophase, and fewer foci in the early Pachytene stage of meiotic prophase.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Recombinant fusion protein (Human).
- ICC:mouse meiotic chromosomes
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11054 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionMay participate in meiotic recombination, specifically in homologous strand assimilation, which is required for the resolution of meiotic double-strand breaks.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RecA family. DMC1 subfamily.
Contains 1 HhH domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- Disrupted meiotic cDNA 1 homolog antibody
- Disrupted meiotic cDNA 1, yeast, homolog of antibody
- dJ199H16.1 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab11054 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab11054, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab11054 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wang Y et al. The meiotic TERB1-TERB2-MAJIN complex tethers telomeres to the nuclear envelope. Nat Commun 10:564 (2019). PubMed: 30718482
- Brandsma I et al. HSF2BP Interacts with a Conserved Domain of BRCA2 and Is Required for Mouse Spermatogenesis. Cell Rep 27:3790-3798.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31242413
- Salmina K et al. The Cancer Aneuploidy Paradox: In the Light of Evolution. Genes (Basel) 10:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30691027
- Tran TN & Schimenti JC A putative human infertility allele of the meiotic recombinase DMC1 does not affect fertility in mice. Hum Mol Genet 27:3911-3918 (2018). PubMed: 30085085
- Inano S et al. RFWD3-Mediated Ubiquitination Promotes Timely Removal of Both RPA and RAD51 from DNA Damage Sites to Facilitate Homologous Recombination. Mol Cell 66:622-634.e8 (2017). PubMed: 28575658