Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to DMT1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55812 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa).|
FunctionImportant in metal transport, in particular iron. Can also transport manganese, cobalt, cadmium, nickel, vanadium and lead. Involved in apical iron uptake into duodenal enterocytes. Involved in iron transport from acidified endosomes into the cytoplasm of erythroid precursor cells. May play an important role in hepatic iron accumulation and tissue iron distribution.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 1 is highly expressed in brain. Isoform 2 is highly expressed in spleen, thymus and pancreas. Isoform 3 and isoform 4 are abundantly expressed in duodenum and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC11A2 are a cause of hypochromic microcytic anemia (HCMA) [MIM:206100]. The disease is characterized by an abnormal hemoglobin content in the erythrocytes which are reduced in size. It may be hereditary or acquired. Mutations in SLC11A2 are associated with progressive liver iron overload and normal to moderately elevated serum ferritin levels.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NRAMP family.
modificationsUbiquitinated by WWP2.
Cellular localizationEndosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DCT 1 antibody
- dct-1 antibody
- DCT1 antibody
Anti-DMT1 antibody (ab55812) at 1 µg/ml + Human pancreas tissue lysate - total protein (ab29816) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 62 kDa
Observed band size: 62 kDa
Additional bands at: 34 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 16 minutes
ab55812 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wongjaikam S et al. Restoring the impaired cardiac calcium homeostasis and cardiac function in iron overload rats by the combined deferiprone and N-acetyl cysteine. Sci Rep 7:44460 (2017). PubMed: 28287621
- Asthana A et al. Prion protein facilitates retinal iron uptake and is cleaved at the ß-site: Implications for retinal iron homeostasis in prion disorders. Sci Rep 7:9600 (2017). PubMed: 28851903
- Kraidith K et al. Hepcidin and 1,25(OH)2D3 effectively restore Ca2+ transport in ß-thalassemic mice: reciprocal phenomenon of Fe2+ and Ca2+ absorption. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 311:E214-23 (2016). PubMed: 27245334
- Bartelle BB et al. Divalent metal transporter, DMT1: a novel MRI reporter protein. Magn Reson Med 70:842-50 (2013). PubMed: 23065715
- Zhao N et al. ZRT/IRT-like protein 14 (ZIP14) promotes the cellular assimilation of iron from transferrin. J Biol Chem 285:32141-50 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20682781