Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to DNA Ligase IV/LIG4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-DNA Ligase IV/LIG4 antibody
See all DNA Ligase IV/LIG4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DNA Ligase IV/LIG4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog
This product was previously labelled as DNA Ligase IV
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26039 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 109 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionEfficiently joins single-strand breaks in a double-stranded polydeoxynucleotide in an ATP-dependent reaction. Involved in DNA non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break repair and V(D)J recombination. The LIG4-XRCC4 complex is responsible for the NHEJ ligation step, and XRCC4 enhances the joining activity of LIG4. Binding of the LIG4-XRCC4 complex to DNA ends is dependent on the assembly of the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex DNA-PK to these DNA ends.
Tissue specificityTestis, thymus, prostate and heart.
Involvement in diseaseLIG4 syndrome
Severe combined immunodeficiency autosomal recessive T-cell-negative/B-cell-negative/NK-cell-positive with sensitivity to ionizing radiation
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ATP-dependent DNA ligase family.
Contains 2 BRCT domains.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA ligase IV ATP dependent antibody
- DNA joinase antibody
- DNA ligase 4 antibody
Anti-DNA Ligase IV/LIG4 antibody (ab26039) at 1.25 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 109 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human pancreas tissue labelling DNA Ligase IV/LIG4 with ab26039 at a concentration of 4-8µg/ml. Cells with positive label (as indicated by the arrows) are epithelial cells of the pancreatic acinus. Magnification 400X.
ab26039 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Zhu Y et al. Tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells are resistant to DNA-damaging chemotherapy because of upregulated BARD1 and BRCA1. Nat Commun 9:1595 (2018). PubMed: 29686231
- Maifrede S et al. Tyrosine kinase inhibitor-induced defects in DNA repair sensitize FLT3(ITD)-positive leukemia cells to PARP1 inhibitors. Blood 132:67-77 (2018). PubMed: 29784639
- Qiu Z et al. Generation of Gross Chromosomal Rearrangements by a Single Engineered DNA Double Strand Break. Sci Rep 7:43156 (2017). PubMed: 28225067
- Bermudez-Hernandez K et al. A Method for Quantifying Molecular Interactions Using Stochastic Modelling and Super-Resolution Microscopy. Sci Rep 7:14882 (2017). PubMed: 29093506
- Nieborowska-Skorska M et al. Gene expression and mutation-guided synthetic lethality eradicates proliferating and quiescent leukemia cells. J Clin Invest 127:2392-2406 (2017). PubMed: 28481221