Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to DNA PKcs
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-DNA PKcs antibody
See all DNA PKcs primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DNA PKcs
SpecificityKu-80 co-immunoprecipitates using this antibody.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human DNA PKcs (C terminal). Immunogen is in the region of aa 4075 and the c terminus.
Database link: P78527
- Whole cell lysate from Hela cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70250 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 469 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 469 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at 2 to 5 µg/mg lysate.
FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that acts as a molecular sensor for DNA damage. Involved in DNA nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break (DSB) repair and V(D)J recombination. Must be bound to DNA to express its catalytic properties. Promotes processing of hairpin DNA structures in V(D)J recombination by activation of the hairpin endonuclease artemis (DCLRE1C). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is also required for the NHEJ ligation step. Required to protect and align broken ends of DNA. May also act as a scaffold protein to aid the localization of DNA repair proteins to the site of damage. Found at the ends of chromosomes, suggesting a further role in the maintenance of telomeric stability and the prevention of chromosomal end fusion. Also involved in modulation of transcription. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX, thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Phosphorylates DCLRE1C, c-Abl/ABL1, histone H1, HSPCA, c-jun/JUN, p53/TP53, PARP1, POU2F1, DHX9, SRF, XRCC1, XRCC1, XRCC4, XRCC5, XRCC6, WRN, MYC and RFA2. Can phosphorylate C1D not only in the presence of linear DNA but also in the presence of supercoiled DNA. Ability to phosphorylate p53/TP53 in the presence of supercoiled DNA is dependent on C1D.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 2 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Autophosphorylated on Thr-2609, Thr-2638 and Thr-2647. Thr-2609 is a DNA damage-inducible phosphorylation site (inducible with ionizing radiation, IR). Autophosphorylation induces a conformational change that leads to remodeling of the DNA-PK complex, requisite for efficient end processing and DNA repair.
S-nitrosylated by GAPDH.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA PK catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
All lanes : Anti-DNA PKcs antibody (ab70250) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 15 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 469 kDa
Observed band size: 469 kDa
Additional bands at: 170 kDa, 180 kDa, 230 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunoprecipitation/ Western Blot of DNA PKcs
Lane 1: ab70250 at 3µg/100µg for IP of HeLa whole cell lysate (1mg) followed by ab70250 at 0.1µg/ml for WB.
Lane 2: Control IgG.
Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab70250 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Zhong JT et al. GLUT-1 siRNA Enhances Radiosensitization Of Laryngeal Cancer Stem Cells Via Enhanced DNA Damage, Cell Cycle Redistribution, And Promotion Of Apoptosis In Vitro And In Vivo. Onco Targets Ther 12:9129-9142 (2019). PubMed: 31806998
- Sekiba K et al. DHX9 regulates production of hepatitis B virus-derived circular RNA and viral protein levels. Oncotarget 9:20953-20964 (2018). PubMed: 29765512
- Simões-Sousa S et al. The p38a Stress Kinase Suppresses Aneuploidy Tolerance by Inhibiting Hif-1a. Cell Rep 25:749-760.e6 (2018). PubMed: 30332653
- Zhang Y et al. Histone H3K27 methylation modulates the dynamics of FANCD2 on chromatin to facilitate NHEJ and genome stability. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29760279
- Zhu S et al. Protein phosphatase 1 and phosphatase 1 nuclear targeting subunit-dependent regulation of DNA-dependent protein kinase and non-homologous end joining. Nucleic Acids Res 45:10583-10594 (2017). PubMed: 28985363
- Espana-Agusti J et al. Loss of PBRM1 rescues VHL dependent replication stress to promote renal carcinogenesis. Nat Commun 8:2026 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29229903
- Arnoult N et al. Regulation of DNA repair pathway choice in S and G2 phases by the NHEJ inhibitor CYREN. Nature 549:548-552 (2017). PubMed: 28959974
- Tanori M et al. Synthetic lethal genetic interactions between Rad54 and PARP-1 in mouse development and oncogenesis. Oncotarget 8:100958-100974 (2017). PubMed: 29254138
- Morchikh M et al. HEXIM1 and NEAT1 Long Non-coding RNA Form a Multi-subunit Complex that Regulates DNA-Mediated Innate Immune Response. Mol Cell 67:387-399.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28712728
- Nakahara T et al. Activation of NF-?B by human papillomavirus 16 E1 limits E1-dependent viral replication through degradation of E1. J Virol 89:5040-59 (2015). PubMed: 25717108