Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [15A3] to DNA/RNA Damage
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-DNA/RNA Damage antibody [15A3]
See all DNA/RNA Damage primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [15A3] to DNA/RNA Damage
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Chemical/ Small Molecule corresponding to DNA/RNA Damage. 8-hydroxy-guanosine-BSA and -casein conjugates.
- IHC-P: Mouse inflammed colon and backskin tissues. Fresh IHC: Ischemic rat brain tissue.
Please see the protocol booklet link below for recommended IHC and ICC staining procedure
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62623 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml.
Dilute antibody in PBS containing 0.3% Triton X-100, 0.08% sodium azide and 2% normal goat serum.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|AP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceIn intact animals, lesions (adducts) excised from DNA are transported from the cell through the circulation and excreted in urine. In bacteria, DNA adducts are excreted directly into the medium. In either case, the adducts can be assayed as a measure of oxidative damage to DNA. In particular, Oxo-8-dG (8-Oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine) serves as an excellent marker for DNA damage produced by oxidants because it represents one of the major products generated by a wide array of treatments associated with oxidant damage such as that produced by irradiation and various carcinogens and because it is implicated in spontaneous transversion mutagenesis. Oxo-8-Gua (8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine) is one of the most common DNA lesions resulting from reactive oxygen species and can result in a mismatched pairing with adenine resulting in G to T and C to A substitutions in the genome. In humans, it is primarily repaired by DNA glycosylase OGG1. It can be caused by ionizing radiation, in connection with oxidative metabolism. Oxo-8-G (8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanosine) is classified as an oxidized ribonucleotide, and is primarily used in studies of oxidative RNA damage and associated RNA repair and RNA turnover mechanisms within the cell. In the cell, Oxo-8-G RNA lesions are formed by reaction with reactive oxygen species (ROS) generated either via normal oxidative metabolic processes, UV ionizing radiation, or exposure to oxidative agents. Oxidative RNA damage can lead to defects in protein synthesis, for example, decreased rates of protein synthesis and production of aggregated or truncated peptides, with important implications in aging and neurodegenerative disorders and artherosclerosis.
- 7,8-Dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine antibody
- 7,8-Dihydro-8-oxodeoxyguanosine antibody
- 7,8-Dihydro-8-oxoguanine antibody
Bouin’s Fixative, paraffin-embedded mouse backskin tissue stained for DNA/RNA Damage using ab62623 (1 hr at RT) at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Secondary Antibody: FITC Goat Anti-Mouse (green) at 1/50 for 1 hour at RT.
Left panel: ab62623 (1/1000 for 16 hours at RT) staining in ischemic rat brain tissue (fresh samples).
Center panel: DAPI staining
Right panel: merged
Secondary Antibody: Alexa Fluor®546 Goat Anti-mouse (Red) at 1/500 for 1 hour at RT.
Immunohistochemical analysis of PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded rat femural tissue, labeling with ab62623 at a dilution of 1/50 incubated for 13 hours at 4°C in 1% BSA in TBS. Heat mediated antigen retrival was performed via Tris-EDTA pH 9.0. Blocking was via ab93695 ABC kit incubated at 1% for 20 minutes at room temperature. A secondary was not used, but ab93695 detection kit was used for signal amplification.
ab62623 staining in rat liver tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue underwent formaldehyde fixation before enzymatic antigen retrieval with Proteinase K solution and then blocking for 20 minutes at 37°C was performed. The primary antibody was diluted 1/4000 and incubated with sample for 2 hours at 37°C. A Biotin conjugated rabbit polyclonal to mouse IgG was used as secondary antibody at 1/200 dilution.
Paraffin-embedded mouse inflammed colon tissue stained for DNA/RNA Damage using ab62623 at 1/1,000,000 dilution (12 hrs at 4°C) in immunohistochemical analysis.
Secondary Antibody: Biotin Goat Anti-Mouse at 1:2000 for 1 hour at RT. Counterstain: Mayer Hematoxylin (purple/blue) nuclear stain at 200 µl for 2 minutes at RT.
ab62623 has been referenced in 80 publications.
- Kvandova M et al. Environmental aircraft noise aggravates oxidative DNA damage, granulocyte oxidative burst and nitrate resistance in Ogg1-/- mice. Free Radic Res N/A:1-13 (2020). PubMed: 32326776
- Yang CC et al. The therapeutic impact of entresto on protecting against cardiorenal syndrome-associated renal damage in rats on high protein diet. Biomed Pharmacother 116:108954 (2019). PubMed: 31108352
- Chen X et al. Oxidative stress-induced IL-15 trans-presentation in keratinocytes contributes to CD8+ T cells activation via JAK-STAT pathway in vitiligo. Free Radic Biol Med 139:80-91 (2019). PubMed: 31078730
- Millett CE et al. The Sex-specific Effects of LPS on Depressive-like Behavior and Oxidative Stress in the Hippocampus of the Mouse. Neuroscience 399:77-88 (2019). PubMed: 30553795
- Kopp F et al. PUMILIO hyperactivity drives premature aging of Norad-deficient mice. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30735131