Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity (quantitative)
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 3 hr
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Tissue Extracts
Product nameDNMT1 Assay Kit
Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
Assay typeEnzyme activity (quantitative)
Assay time3h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
DNMT1 (DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 1) belongs to the DNMT family, responsible for methylation of CpG islands in the genome. DNMT1 preferably methylates cytosines located in hemimethylated DNA and it associates with DNA replication sites in S-phase.
DNMT1 Assay Kit (ab113469) allows the user to quickly and consistently measure the amount of DNMT1. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful DNMT1 assay experiment without the need for electrophoresis and transfer process. ab113469 is suitable for measuring DNMT amounts quantitatively from fresh tissue and cultured cells of human and mouse.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 96 tests 48 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 28ml 1 x 14ml 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 12 units 6 units Capture Antibody, 500 µg/mL 1 x 16µl 1 x 8µl Assay Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 5ml Blocking Buffer 1 x 20ml 1 x 10ml Detection Antibody, 200 µg/mL 1 x 20µl 1 x 10µl Developing Solution 1 x 12ml 1 x 6ml DNMT1 Standard, 20 µg/mL 1 x 40µl 1 x 20µl Stop Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 6ml
ab113469 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Xia X et al. Bacteria pathogens drive host colonic epithelial cell promoter hypermethylation of tumor suppressor genes in colorectal cancer. Microbiome 8:108 (2020). PubMed: 32678024
- Ferreira LL et al. Single nanomolar doxorubicin exposure triggers compensatory mitochondrial responses in H9c2 cardiomyoblasts. Food Chem Toxicol 124:450-461 (2018). PubMed: 30557669
- Ma SC et al. Homocysteine-induced oxidative stress through TLR4/NF-?B/DNMT1-mediated LOX-1 DNA methylation in endothelial cells. Mol Med Rep 16:9181-9188 (2017). PubMed: 29039510
- Yoon JH et al. NKX6.3 Regulates Reactive Oxygen Species Production by Suppressing NF-kB and DNMT1 Activities in Gastric Epithelial Cells. Sci Rep 7:2807 (2017). PubMed: 28584243