Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Dnmt3a
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Dnmt3a antibody
See all Dnmt3a primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dnmt3a
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 10-118 of Human Dnmt3a.
- ICC: Ntera-2 whole cell lysate. IHC-P: Human testis tissue
General notesIt is strongly suggested that Sodium Azide is added to this stock upon thawing and storage at 4 degrees C.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16704 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionRequired for genome wide de novo methylation and is essential for the establishment of DNA methylation patterns during development. DNA methylation is coordinated with methylation of histones. It modifies DNA in a non-processive manner and also methylates non-CpG sites. May preferentially methylate DNA linker between 2 nucleosomal cores and is inhibited by histone H1. Plays a role in paternal and maternal imprinting. Required for methylation of most imprinted loci in germ cells. Acts as a transcriptional corepressor for ZNF238. Can actively repress transcription through the recruitment of HDAC activity.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fetal tissues, skeletal muscle, heart, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, kidney, and at lower levels in placenta, brain, liver, colon, spleen, small intestine and lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the C5-methyltransferase family.
Contains 1 ADD domain.
Contains 1 GATA-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PWWP domain.
DomainThe PWWP domain is essential for targeting to pericentric heterochromatin.
modificationsSumoylated; sumoylation disrupts the ability to interact with histone deacetylases (HDAC1 and HDAC2) and repress transcription.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Accumulates in the major satellite repeats at pericentric heterochromatin.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3 alpha antibody
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3A antibody
- DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 3A antibody
Immunocytochemistry analysis of Ntera-2 cells labeling Dnmt3a with ab16704 followed by Dylight 488 (green). Nuclei and beta-tubulin were counterstained with DAPI (blue) and Dylight 550 (red).
Immunohistochemistry analysis of human testis labeling Dnmt3a with ab16704 at 1/200. Hematoxylin was used as counterstain.
ab16704 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Abdalla BA et al. A Novel Dnmt3a1 Transcript Inhibits Adipogenesis. Front Physiol 9:1270 (2018). PubMed: 30333755
- Yossifoff M et al. Dynamic changes in DNA methylation during thermal control establishment affect CREB binding to the brain-derived neurotrophic factor promoter. Eur J Neurosci 28:2267-77 (2008). WB, EMSA ; Chicken . PubMed: 19046370
- Loriot A et al. Transient down-regulation of DNMT1 methyltransferase leads to activation and stable hypomethylation of MAGE-A1 in melanoma cells. J Biol Chem 281:10118-26 (2006). PubMed: 16497664
- Robert MF et al. DNMT1 is required to maintain CpG methylation and aberrant gene silencing in human cancer cells. Nat Genet 33:61-5 (2003). PubMed: 12496760
- Beaulieu N et al. An essential role for DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B in cancer cell survival. J Biol Chem 277:28176-81 (2002). PubMed: 12015329
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org