Product nameAnti-Dnmt3a antibody
See all Dnmt3a primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dnmt3a
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, EMSAmore details
Unsuitable for: Neut
Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 10-118 of Human Dnmt3a.
- HCT116 whole cell lysate.
General notesIt is strongly suggested that Sodium Azide is added to this stock upon thawing and storage at 4 degrees C.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16704 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa.
Is unsuitable for Neut.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionRequired for genome wide de novo methylation and is essential for the establishment of DNA methylation patterns during development. DNA methylation is coordinated with methylation of histones. It modifies DNA in a non-processive manner and also methylates non-CpG sites. May preferentially methylate DNA linker between 2 nucleosomal cores and is inhibited by histone H1. Plays a role in paternal and maternal imprinting. Required for methylation of most imprinted loci in germ cells. Acts as a transcriptional corepressor for ZNF238. Can actively repress transcription through the recruitment of HDAC activity.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fetal tissues, skeletal muscle, heart, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, kidney, and at lower levels in placenta, brain, liver, colon, spleen, small intestine and lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the C5-methyltransferase family.
Contains 1 ADD domain.
Contains 1 GATA-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PWWP domain.
DomainThe PWWP domain is essential for targeting to pericentric heterochromatin.
modificationsSumoylated; sumoylation disrupts the ability to interact with histone deacetylases (HDAC1 and HDAC2) and repress transcription.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Accumulates in the major satellite repeats at pericentric heterochromatin.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3 alpha antibody
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3A antibody
- DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 3A antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Yossifoff M et al. Dynamic changes in DNA methylation during thermal control establishment affect CREB binding to the brain-derived neurotrophic factor promoter. Eur J Neurosci 28:2267-77 (2008). WB, EMSA ; Chicken . Read more (PubMed: 19046370) »
- Loriot A et al. Transient down-regulation of DNMT1 methyltransferase leads to activation and stable hypomethylation of MAGE-A1 in melanoma cells. J Biol Chem 281:10118-26 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16497664) »