Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Dnmt3b
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Dnmt3b antibody
See all Dnmt3b primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dnmt3b
SpecificityThis antibody detects DNA methyltransferase 3b (Dnmt3b) from human and mouse tissues and cells as well as recombinant human Dnmt3b. This antibody detects, to a lesser extent, full-length human recombinant Dnmt3a.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- P19 nuclear extracts. ChIP: PMID: 16357870 (Vire E et al Nature 2006 439:871) has used U2OS cells and primers specific for the hsMYT1 promoter. The primers are described in PMID: 15231737 (Kirmizis A et al Genes and Dev 2004 18:1592).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2851 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 97.5 kDa.|
FunctionRequired for genome wide de novo methylation and is essential for the establishment of DNA methylation patterns during development. DNA methylation is coordinated with methylation of histones. May preferentially methylates nucleosomal DNA within the nucleosome core region. May function as transcriptional co-repressor by associating with CBX4 and independently of DNA methylation. Seems to be involved in gene silencing (By similarity). In association with DNMT1 and via the recruitment of CTCFL/BORIS, involved in activation of BAG1 gene expression by modulating dimethylation of promoter histone H3 at H3K4 and H3K9. Isoforms 4 and 5 are probably not functional due to the deletion of two conserved methyltransferase motifs.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous; highly expressed in fetal liver, heart, kidney, placenta, and at lower levels in spleen, colon, brain, liver, small intestine, lung, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, and skeletal muscle. Isoform 1 is expressed in all tissues except brain, skeletal muscle and PBMC, 3 is ubiquitous, 4 is expressed in all tissues except brain, skeletal muscle, lung and prostate and 5 is detectable only in testis and at very low level in brain and prostate.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DNMT3B are a cause of immunodeficiency-centromeric instability-facial anomalies syndrome (ICF) [MIM:242860]. ICF is a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by a variable immunodeficiency, mild facial anomalies, and centromeric heterochromatin instability involving chromosomes 1, 9, and 16. ICF is biochemically characterized by hypomethylation of CpG sites in some regions of heterochromatin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the C5-methyltransferase family.
Contains 1 ADD domain.
Contains 1 GATA-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PWWP domain.
DomainThe PWWP domain is essential for targeting to pericentric heterochromatin.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytosine 5methyltransferase 3B antibody
- DNA antibody
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3 beta antibody
ab2851 labellling Dnmt3b in the nucleus of Human testis tissue (right) compared with a negative control (left) by Immunohistochemistry (formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). To expose target proteins, antigen retrieval method was performed using 10mM sodium citrate (pH 6.0) microwaved for 8-15 min. Tissues were blocked in 3% H2O2-methanol for 15 min at room temperature, washed with ddH2O and PBS. Tissue sections were incubated with primary antibody (1:500 in 3% BSA-PBS) overnight at 4°C. A HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit was used as the secondary antibody, followed by colorimetric detection using a DAB kit. Tissues were counterstained with hematoxylin and dehydrated with ethanol and xylene to prep for mounting.
ab2851 labellling Dnmt3b in the nucleus and cytoplasm of Human breast carcinoma (right) compared with a negative control (left) by Immunohistochemistry (formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). To expose target proteins, antigen retrieval method was performed using 10mM sodium citrate (pH 6.0) microwaved for 8-15 min. Tissues were blocked in 3% H2O2-methanol for 15 min at room temperature, washed with ddH2O and PBS. Tissue sections were incubated with primary antibody (1:500 in 3% BSA-PBS) overnight at 4°C. A HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit was used as the secondary antibody, followed by colorimetric detection using a DAB kit. Tissues were counterstained with hematoxylin and dehydrated with ethanol and xylene to prep for mounting.
All lanes : Anti-Dnmt3b antibody (ab2851) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : A498 (Human Kidney Carcinoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : JEG-3 (Human placental choriocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 97.5 kDa
Observed band size: 97.5 kDa
Additional bands at: 32 kDa, 46 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
ab2851 has been referenced in 76 publications.
- Peng X et al. Long non-coding RNA TNRC6C-AS1 promotes methylation of STK4 to inhibit thyroid carcinoma cell apoptosis and autophagy via Hippo signalling pathway. J Cell Mol Med 24:304-316 (2020). PubMed: 31657132
- Shiah SG et al. MiR-30a and miR-379 modulate retinoic acid pathway by targeting DNA methyltransferase 3B in oral cancer. J Biomed Sci 27:46 (2020). PubMed: 32238162
- Guo X et al. Long non-coding RNA-HAGLR suppressed tumor growth of lung adenocarcinoma through epigenetically silencing E2F1. Exp Cell Res 382:111461 (2019). PubMed: 31194977
- Jin J et al. Methylation-associated silencing of miR-128 promotes the development of esophageal cancer by targeting COX-2 in areas with a high incidence of esophageal cancer. Int J Oncol 54:644-654 (2019). PubMed: 30535495
- Wu R et al. Downregulation of KLF13 through DNMT1-mediated hypermethylation promotes glioma cell proliferation and invasion. Onco Targets Ther 12:1509-1520 (2019). PubMed: 30863117