Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3523] to Dnmt3b
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Dnmt3b antibody [EPR3523]
See all Dnmt3b primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3523] to Dnmt3b
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Dnmt3b aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- A549, HeLa and A431 cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79822 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 96 kDa.|
FunctionRequired for genome wide de novo methylation and is essential for the establishment of DNA methylation patterns during development. DNA methylation is coordinated with methylation of histones. May preferentially methylates nucleosomal DNA within the nucleosome core region. May function as transcriptional co-repressor by associating with CBX4 and independently of DNA methylation. Seems to be involved in gene silencing (By similarity). In association with DNMT1 and via the recruitment of CTCFL/BORIS, involved in activation of BAG1 gene expression by modulating dimethylation of promoter histone H3 at H3K4 and H3K9. Isoforms 4 and 5 are probably not functional due to the deletion of two conserved methyltransferase motifs.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous; highly expressed in fetal liver, heart, kidney, placenta, and at lower levels in spleen, colon, brain, liver, small intestine, lung, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, and skeletal muscle. Isoform 1 is expressed in all tissues except brain, skeletal muscle and PBMC, 3 is ubiquitous, 4 is expressed in all tissues except brain, skeletal muscle, lung and prostate and 5 is detectable only in testis and at very low level in brain and prostate.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DNMT3B are a cause of immunodeficiency-centromeric instability-facial anomalies syndrome (ICF) [MIM:242860]. ICF is a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by a variable immunodeficiency, mild facial anomalies, and centromeric heterochromatin instability involving chromosomes 1, 9, and 16. ICF is biochemically characterized by hypomethylation of CpG sites in some regions of heterochromatin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the C5-methyltransferase family.
Contains 1 ADD domain.
Contains 1 GATA-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PWWP domain.
DomainThe PWWP domain is essential for targeting to pericentric heterochromatin.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytosine 5methyltransferase 3B antibody
- DNA antibody
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3 beta antibody
All lanes : Anti-Dnmt3b antibody [EPR3523] (ab79822) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Flag-tagged Dnmt3b
Lane 2 : Dnmt3b knockout mouse embryonic stem cell extract
Lanes 3-4 : Wild type mouse embryonic stem cell extract
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
All lanes : Donkey anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to HRP (NA934) at 1/1000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 96 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 5 minutes
Blocking: 5% Milk
All lanes : Anti-Dnmt3b antibody [EPR3523] (ab79822) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : A431 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP conjugate at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 96 kDa
Observed band size: 96 kDa
ab79822 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Dai YJ et al. Prolonged febrile seizures induce inheritable memory deficits in rats through DNA methylation. CNS Neurosci Ther N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30666786
- Xu X et al. The long non-coding RNA Linc-GALH promotes hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis via epigenetically regulating Gankyrin. Cell Death Dis 10:86 (2019). PubMed: 30692513
- Wang J et al. LMP2A induces DNA methylation and expression repression of AQP3 in EBV-associated gastric carcinoma. Virology 534:87-95 (2019). PubMed: 31220652
- Sang H et al. Dppa3 is critical for Lin28a-regulated ES cells naïve-primed state conversion. J Mol Cell Biol 11:474-488 (2019). PubMed: 30481289
- Gong HL et al. MicroRNA-29a suppresses the invasion and migration of osteosarcoma cells by regulating the SOCS1/NF-?B signalling pathway through negatively targeting DNMT3B. Int J Mol Med 44:1219-1232 (2019). PubMed: 31364725