Product nameDodecyl gallate, Antioxidant
DescriptionAntioxidant and food preservative.
- Dodecyl 3,4,5-trihydroxybenzoate
- Gallic acid n-dodecyl ester
- Lauryl gallate
Antioxidant and food preservative.
Chemical name3,4,5-Trihydroxybenzoic acid dodecyl ester
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Cheng CH et al. Dodecyl gallate induces apoptosis by upregulating the caspase-dependent apoptotic pathway and inhibiting the expression of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family proteins in human osteosarcoma cells. Mol Med Rep 13:1495-500 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 26707422) »
- Jurak M & Miñones J Interactions of lauryl gallate with phospholipid components of biological membranes. Biochim Biophys Acta 1858:1821-32 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 27117642) »
- Calcabrini A et al. Inhibition of proliferation and induction of apoptosis in human breast cancer cells by lauryl gallate. Carcinogenesis 27:1699-712 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16624827) »
- Kubo I et al. Antioxidant activity of dodecyl gallate. J Agric Food Chem 50:3533-9 (2002). Read more (PubMed: 12033824) »