Product nameDodecylglucopyranoside, Non-ionic detergent
DescriptionNon-ionic detergent for solubilization of membrane-bound proteins in their native state.
- Dodecyl b-D-glucopyranoside
- Dodecyl glucopyranoside
- Dodecyl glucoside
Non-ionic detergent for solubilization of membrane-bound proteins in their native state. Long chain alkyl glycopyranoside and a classical nonionic amphiphile surfactant.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Abeygunaratne S et al. Antiferroelectric ordering of amphiphilic glycolipids in bent-core liquid crystals. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 69:021703 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 14995465) »
- de la Maza A et al. Subsolubilizing alterations caused by alkyl glucosides in phosphatidylcholine liposomes. J Control Release 52:159-68 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9685946) »
- Daicho Y et al. Effects of alkyl glycosides incorporated into liposomes prepared from synthetic amphiphiles on their tissue distribution in Ehrlich solid tumor-bearing mice. Biochim Biophys Acta 1107:61-9 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1616926) »
- Deliconstantinos G & Ramantanis G Alterations in the activities of hepatic plasma-membrane and microsomal enzymes during liver regeneration. Biochem J 212:445-52 (1983). Read more (PubMed: 6309144) »