Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC antibody
See all DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Bovine DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC. expressed in E. coli and purified from inclusion bodies
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.50
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.316% Tris HCl, 0.05% Tween, 0.238% HEPES, 10% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml.
FunctionCatalyzes the decarboxylation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin and L-tryptophan to tryptamine.
PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; dopamine biosynthesis; dopamine from L-tyrosine: step 2/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DDC are the cause of aromatic L-amino-acid decarboxylase deficiency (AADCD) [MIM:608643]. AADCD deficiency is an inborn error in neurotransmitter metabolism that leads to combined serotonin and catecholamine deficiency. It causes developmental and psychomotor delay, poor feeding, lethargy, ptosis, intermittent hypothermia, gastrointestinal disturbances. The onset is early in infancy and inheritance is autosomal recessive.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the group II decarboxylase family.
- Information by UniProt
- AADC antibody
- Aromatic L Amino Acid Decarboxylase antibody
- Aromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase antibody
ab3905 has been referenced in 25 publications.
- Chen X et al. Entorhinal cortex-based metabolic profiling of chronic restraint stress mice model of depression. Aging (Albany NY) 12:3042-3052 (2020). PubMed: 32074509
- Kao CY et al. Elevated COUP-TFII expression in dopaminergic neurons accelerates the progression of Parkinson's disease through mitochondrial dysfunction. PLoS Genet 16:e1008868 (2020). PubMed: 32579581
- Heo JY et al. Aberrant Tonic Inhibition of Dopaminergic Neuronal Activity Causes Motor Symptoms in Animal Models of Parkinson's Disease. Curr Biol 30:276-291.e9 (2020). PubMed: 31928877
- Raina A et al. Neuronal Trans-differentiation by Transcription Factors Ascl1 and Nurr1: Induction of a Dopaminergic Neurotransmitter Phenotype in Cortical GABAergic Neurons. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31317490
- Chabrat A et al. Pharmacological Transdifferentiation of Human Nasal Olfactory Stem Cells into Dopaminergic Neurons. Stem Cells Int 2019:2945435 (2019). PubMed: 31236114