Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC antibody
See all DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Bovine DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC. expressed in E. coli and purified from inclusion bodies
Previously labelled as DOPA Decarboxylase.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.316% Tris HCl, 0.05% Tween, 0.238% HEPES, 10% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml.|
FunctionCatalyzes the decarboxylation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin and L-tryptophan to tryptamine.
PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; dopamine biosynthesis; dopamine from L-tyrosine: step 2/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DDC are the cause of aromatic L-amino-acid decarboxylase deficiency (AADCD) [MIM:608643]. AADCD deficiency is an inborn error in neurotransmitter metabolism that leads to combined serotonin and catecholamine deficiency. It causes developmental and psychomotor delay, poor feeding, lethargy, ptosis, intermittent hypothermia, gastrointestinal disturbances. The onset is early in infancy and inheritance is autosomal recessive.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the group II decarboxylase family.
- Information by UniProt
- AADC antibody
- Aromatic L Amino Acid Decarboxylase antibody
- Aromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase antibody
ab3905 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Raina A et al. Neuronal Trans-differentiation by Transcription Factors Ascl1 and Nurr1: Induction of a Dopaminergic Neurotransmitter Phenotype in Cortical GABAergic Neurons. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31317490
- Chabrat A et al. Pharmacological Transdifferentiation of Human Nasal Olfactory Stem Cells into Dopaminergic Neurons. Stem Cells Int 2019:2945435 (2019). PubMed: 31236114
- Regan SL et al. Knockout of latrophilin-3 in Sprague-Dawley rats causes hyperactivity, hyper-reactivity, under-response to amphetamine, and disrupted dopamine markers. Neurobiol Dis 130:104494 (2019). PubMed: 31176715
- Ugras S et al. Induction of the Immunoproteasome Subunit Lmp7 Links Proteostasis and Immunity in a-Synuclein Aggregation Disorders. EBioMedicine 31:307-319 (2018). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29759483
- Niu W et al. Phenotypic Reprogramming of Striatal Neurons into Dopaminergic Neuron-like Cells in the Adult Mouse Brain. Stem Cell Reports 11:1156-1170 (2018). PubMed: 30318292