Product nameAnti-DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC antibody [EPR7851]
See all DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7851] to DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC aa 1-100.
Database link: P20711
- Human adrenal gland, 293T, RAW 264.7, and NIH 3T3 lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.40 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131282 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.|
FunctionCatalyzes the decarboxylation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin and L-tryptophan to tryptamine.
PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; dopamine biosynthesis; dopamine from L-tyrosine: step 2/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DDC are the cause of aromatic L-amino-acid decarboxylase deficiency (AADCD) [MIM:608643]. AADCD deficiency is an inborn error in neurotransmitter metabolism that leads to combined serotonin and catecholamine deficiency. It causes developmental and psychomotor delay, poor feeding, lethargy, ptosis, intermittent hypothermia, gastrointestinal disturbances. The onset is early in infancy and inheritance is autosomal recessive.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the group II decarboxylase family.
- Information by UniProt
- AADC antibody
- Aromatic L Amino Acid Decarboxylase antibody
- Aromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase antibody
All lanes : Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase/DDC antibody [EPR7851] (ab131282) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human adrenal
Lane 2 : 293T lysate
Lane 3 : RAW 264.7 lysate
Lane 4 : NIH 3T3 lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
This product has been referenced in:
- Pan JX et al. Absence of gut microbiota during early life affects anxiolytic Behaviors and monoamine neurotransmitters system in the hippocampal of mice. J Neurol Sci 400:160-168 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30954660) »
- Bonsall DR et al. Single cocaine exposure does not alter striatal pre-synaptic dopamine function in mice: an [18 F]-FDOPA PET study. J Neurochem 143:551-560 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28921596) »