Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Dopamine
- Suitable for: ICC, ICC/IF, ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Dopamine antibody
See all Dopamine primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dopamine
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, ICC/IF, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Chemical/ Small Molecule by a Glutaraldehyde linker.
The antiserum was tested using the free floating PAP technique on rat dopaminergic areas. The anti-conjugated Dopamine antibodies gave good staining between 1/2000-1/5000 dilution in these areas.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
Primary antibody notesThe antiserum was tested using the free floating PAP technique on rat dopaminergic areas. The anti-conjugated Dopamine antibodies gave good staining between 1/2000-1/5000 dilution in these areas.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6427 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/1000 - 1/5000. Glutharaldehyde perfusion fixation (see recommended protocol).|
RelevanceDopamine (C6H3OH)2-CH2CH2NH2)is a catecholamine neurotransmitter in the brain. Its chemical name is 4-(2-aminoethyl)benzene-1,2-diol. Dopamine is a hormone released by the hypothalamus. Its main function is to inhibit the release of prolactin from the anterior lobe of the pituitary. It can be used as a sympathomimetic drug, producing effects such as increased heart rate and blood pressure.
- 3 4 dihydroxyphenethylamine antibody
- 3 hydroxytyramine antibody
- DA antibody
ab6427 at 1/5000 staining human stem cells (differentiated to neurons) by ICC. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with BSA before incubation with the antibody for 2 hours. A PE conjugated goatanti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ab6427 staining dopamine in PC12 cells treated with ghrelin (rat) (ab120231), by ICC/IF. Decrease in dopamine expression correlates with increased concentration of ghrelin, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 10 minutes in media containing different concentrations of ab120231 (ghrelin) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab6427 (1/200 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
ab6427 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Fink J et al. Development of a Competition-Binding Assay to Determine Binding Affinity of Molecules to Neuromelanin via Fluorescence Spectroscopy. Biomolecules 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31072013
- Taylor-Whiteley TR et al. Recapitulating Parkinson's disease pathology in a three-dimensional human neural cell culture model. Dis Model Mech 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30926586
- Auletta A et al. Tyrosine hydroxylase immunolabeling reveals the distribution of catecholaminergic neurons in the central nervous systems of the spiders Hogna lenta (Araneae: Lycosidae) and Phidippus regius (Araneae: Salticidae). J Comp Neurol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31343075
- Chabrat A et al. Pharmacological Transdifferentiation of Human Nasal Olfactory Stem Cells into Dopaminergic Neurons. Stem Cells Int 2019:2945435 (2019). PubMed: 31236114
- Banks DA et al. MK-STYX Alters the Morphology of Primary Neurons, and Outgrowths in MK-STYX Overexpressing PC-12 Cells Develop a Neuronal Phenotype. Front Mol Biosci 4:76 (2017). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 29250526
- Wu SF et al. Dopamine modulates hemocyte phagocytosis via a D1-like receptor in the rice stem borer, Chilo suppressalis. Sci Rep 5:12247 (2015). PubMed: 26179416
- Forati E et al. Neurotransmitter Specific, Cellular-Resolution Functional Brain Mapping Using Receptor Coated Nanoparticles: Assessment of the Possibility. PLoS One 10:e0145852 (2015). PubMed: 26717196