Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to Dopamine beta Hydroxylase
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: n/a
Product nameAnti-Dopamine beta Hydroxylase antibody
See all Dopamine beta Hydroxylase primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Dopamine beta Hydroxylase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
General notesDetects human, bovine, rat and mouse DBH. It is not effective for immunohistochemistry in human brain
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19353 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionConversion of dopamine to noradrenaline.
PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; (R)-noradrenaline biosynthesis; (R)-noradrenaline from dopamine: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DBH are the cause of dopamine beta-hydroxylase deficiency (DBH deficiency) [MIM:223360]; also known as norepinephrine deficiency or noradrenaline deficiency. This disorder is characterized by profound deficits in autonomic and cardiovascular function, but apparently only subtle signs, if any, of central nervous system dysfunction.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the copper type II ascorbate-dependent monooxygenase family.
Contains 1 DOMON domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle lumen. Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > chromaffin granule lumen and Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > chromaffin granule membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- dbh antibody
- DBM antibody
- Dopamine beta hydroxylase antibody
ab19353 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Mahata SK et al. Effect of heart failure on catecholamine granule morphology and storage in chromaffin cells. J Endocrinol 230:309-23 (2016). PubMed: 27402067
- Talavera-Adame D et al. Enhancement of embryonic stem cell differentiation promoted by avian chorioallantoic membranes. Tissue Eng Part A 15:3193-200 (2009). PubMed: 19364272