Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Dopamine Receptor D3/DRD3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Dopamine Receptor D3/DRD3 antibody
See all Dopamine Receptor D3/DRD3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dopamine Receptor D3/DRD3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
This product was previously labelled as Dopamine Receptor D3
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42114 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/15000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).Can be blocked with Dopamine Receptor D3/DRD3 peptide (ab128688).|
FunctionThis is one of the five types (D1 to D5) of receptors for dopamine. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins which inhibit adenylyl cyclase. Promotes cell proliferation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in DRD3 is associated with essential tremor hereditary type 1 (ETM1) [MIM:190300]. ETM1 is the most common movement disorder. The main feature is postural tremor of the arms. Head, legs, trunk, voice, jaw, and facial muscles also may be involved. The condition can be aggravated by emotions, hunger, fatigue and temperature extremes, and may cause a functional disability or even incapacitation. Inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by GRK4 (GRK4-alpha and GRK4-gamma).
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Both membrane-bound and scattered in the cytoplasm during basal conditions. Receptor stimulation results in the rapid internalization and sequestration of the receptors at the perinuclear area (5 and 15 minutes), followed by the dispersal of the receptors to the membrane (30 minutes). DRD3 and GRK4 co-localize in lipid rafts of renal proximal tubule cells.
- Information by UniProt
- 3dopamine receptor antibody
- D antibody
- D(3) dopamine receptor antibody
Anti-Dopamine Receptor D3/DRD3 antibody (ab42114) at 1/750 dilution + PC-D3R sample
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab42114 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab42114, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab42114 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Haruyama N et al. 8-Oxoguanine accumulation in aged female brain impairs neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus and major island of Calleja, causing sexually dimorphic phenotypes. Prog Neurobiol N/A:101613 (2019). PubMed: 31026482
- Jiang L et al. Brain Renin-Angiotensin System Blockade Attenuates Methamphetamine-Induced Hyperlocomotion and Neurotoxicity. Neurotherapeutics 15:500-510 (2018). PubMed: 29464572
- Zhu Y et al. Dopamine D1 and D3 Receptors Modulate Heroin-Induced Cognitive Impairment through Opponent Actions in Mice. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 20:257-268 (2017). PubMed: 27815417
- Leng ZG et al. Activation of DRD5 (dopamine receptor D5) inhibits tumor growth by autophagic cell death. Autophagy 13:1404-1419 (2017). PubMed: 28613975
- Aher YD et al. A Novel Heterocyclic Compound CE-104 Enhances Spatial Working Memory in the Radial Arm Maze in Rats and Modulates the Dopaminergic System. Front Behav Neurosci 10:20 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26941626
- Keeler BE et al. Opposing aging-related shift of excitatory dopamine D1 and inhibitory D3 receptor protein expression in striatum and spinal cord. J Neurophysiol 115:363-9 (2016). PubMed: 26561599
- Li Y & Kuzhikandathil EV Molecular characterization of individual D3 dopamine receptor-expressing cells isolated from multiple brain regions of a novel mouse model. Brain Struct Funct 217:809-33 (2012). PubMed: 22286951
- Ustione A & Piston DW Dopamine synthesis and D3 receptor activation in pancreatic ß-cells regulates insulin secretion and intracellular [Ca(2+)] oscillations. Mol Endocrinol 26:1928-40 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22918877
- Krishnan B et al. Dopamine receptor mechanisms mediate corticotropin-releasing factor-induced long-term potentiation in the rat amygdala following cocaine withdrawal. Eur J Neurosci 31:1027-42 (2010). PubMed: 20377617