Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [hDAT-NT] to Dopamine Transporter
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Dopamine Transporter antibody [hDAT-NT]
See all Dopamine Transporter primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [hDAT-NT] to Dopamine Transporter
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Fusion protein corresponding to Dopamine Transporter aa 1-66 (N terminal).
- IHC-P: Mouse brain tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Constituents: PBS, 0.81% Sodium chloride, 0.16% Sodium phosphate, 0.02% Potassium chloride, 0.04% Potassium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5990 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionAmine transporter. Terminates the action of dopamine by its high affinity sodium-dependent reuptake into presynaptic terminals.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC6A3 are the cause of dystonia-parkinsonism infantile (DYTPRI) [MIM:613135]. It is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by infantile onset of parkinsonism and dystonia. Other neurologic features include global developmental delay, bradikinesia and pyramidal tract signs.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:neurotransmitter symporter (SNF) (TC 2.A.22) family. SLC6A3 subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- DA transporter antibody
- DAT 1 antibody
- DAT antibody
ab5990 staining of dopamine transporter in mouse brain (substantia nigra) tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Heat-mediated antigen retrieval was carried out using citric acid. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000) for two hours at room temperature. A Biotin-conjugated goat anti-rat IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab5990 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Playne R et al. Generation of dopamine neuronal-like cells from induced neural precursors derived from adult human cells by non-viral expression of lineage factors. J Stem Cells Regen Med 14:34-44 (2018). PubMed: 30018471
- Dijkstra AA et al. Von Economo Neurons and Fork Cells: A Neurochemical Signature Linked to Monoaminergic Function. Cereb Cortex 28:131-144 (2018). PubMed: 27913432
- Maeder CI et al. The THO Complex Coordinates Transcripts for Synapse Development and Dopamine Neuron Survival. Cell 174:1436-1449.e20 (2018). PubMed: 30146163
- Postupna N et al. Human Striatal Dopaminergic and Regional Serotonergic Synaptic Degeneration with Lewy Body Disease and Inheritance of APOE e4. Am J Pathol 187:884-895 (2017). PubMed: 28212814
- Alam G et al. Single low doses of MPTP decrease tyrosine hydroxylase expression in the absence of overt neuron loss. Neurotoxicology 60:99-106 (2017). PubMed: 28377118