Key features and details
- Topoisomerase II inhibitor. Antibiotic with cytotoxic actions.
- CAS Number: 25316-40-9
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 25 mM and in water to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameDoxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor
DescriptionTopoisomerase II inhibitor. Antibiotic with cytotoxic actions.
Chemical name(8S,10S)-10-[(3-Amino-2,3,6-trideoxy-L-lyxohexopyranosyl)oxy]-7,8,9,10-tetrahydro-6,8,11-trihydroxy-8-(hydroxyacetyl)-1-methoxynaphthacene-5,12-dione hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 25 mM and in water to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120629, Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Topoisomerase II inhibitor
All lanes : Anti-DR5 antibody [EPR22276] (ab230969) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated HCT116 (human colorectal carcinoma epithelial cell), whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HCT116 treated with 0.5 µM doxorubicin (ab120629) for 24 hours, whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/100000 dilution
Exposure time: 3 minutes
The molecular weight observed is consistent with what has been described in the literature, the 40kDa band is a cleaved form (PMID: 20515924, 16297203).
Blocking/Dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120629 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Thakur A et al. Inhibition of Glioma Cells' Proliferation by Doxorubicin-Loaded Exosomes via Microfluidics. Int J Nanomedicine 15:8331-8343 (2020). PubMed: 33149579
- Martins CA et al. Pomolic acid exhibits anticancer potential against a docetaxel-resistant PC3 prostate cell line. Oncol Rep 42:328-338 (2019). PubMed: 31002376
- Kalenderoglou N et al. Cannabidiol Reduces Leukemic Cell Size - But Is It Important? Front Pharmacol 8:144 (2017). PubMed: 28392768
- Zhang D et al. Down-regulation of CHERP inhibits neuroblastoma cell proliferation and induces apoptosis through ER stress induction. Oncotarget 8:80956-80970 (2017). PubMed: 29113358
- Choi J et al. The effect of doxorubicin on MEK-ERK signaling predicts its efficacy in HCC. J Surg Res 150:219-26 (2008). PubMed: 18468633