Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5C5A7] to DPM1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-DPM1 antibody [5C5A7]
See all DPM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5C5A7] to DPM1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Recombinant fragment. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- yeast lysate
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesNear homogeneity. The antibody was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by chemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113686 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa).|
FunctionTransfers mannose from GDP-mannose to dolichol monophosphate to form dolichol phosphate mannose (Dol-P-Man) which is the mannosyl donor in pathways leading to N-glycosylation, glycosyl phosphatidylinositol membrane anchoring, and O-mannosylation of proteins.
PathwayProtein modification; protein glycosylation.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in DPM1 are the cause of congenital disorder of glycosylation type 1E (CDG1E) [MIM:608799]. CDGs are metabolic deficiencies in glycoprotein biosynthesis that usually cause severe mental and psychomotor retardation. They are characterized by under-glycosylated serum glycoproteins. CDG1E is an autosomal recessive disorder, characterized by severe developmental delay, hypotnia, seizures, and dysmorphic features.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyltransferase 2 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- CDGIE antibody
- dolichol monophosphate mannose synthase antibody
- Dolichol phosphate mannose synthase antibody
ab113686 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Hose J et al. The genetic basis of aneuploidy tolerance in wild yeast. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31909711
- Calzada E et al. Phosphatidylethanolamine made in the inner mitochondrial membrane is essential for yeast cytochrome bc1 complex function. Nat Commun 10:1432 (2019). PubMed: 30926815
- Cavellini L et al. An ubiquitin-dependent balance between mitofusin turnover and fatty acids desaturation regulates mitochondrial fusion. Nat Commun 8:15832 (2017). WB ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . PubMed: 28607491
- Simpkins JA et al. Disruption of a cystine transporter downregulates expression of genes involved in sulfur regulation and cellular respiration. Biol Open 5:689-97 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27142334
- Cartwright BR et al. Seipin performs dissectible functions in promoting lipid droplet biogenesis and regulating droplet morphology. Mol Biol Cell 26:726-39 (2015). PubMed: 25540432
- Beach A et al. Mitochondrial membrane lipidome defines yeast longevity. Aging (Albany NY) 5:551-74 (2013). PubMed: 23924582