Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to DR5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-DR5 antibody
See all DR5 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to DR5
Specificity<0.2% cross-reactivity to TRAIL R3 peptide of the same region. Not likely to bind TRAIL R1 due to low sequence homology in this region. Antibody binds to a similar size protein from mouse spleen on Westerns.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Human embryonic kidney cell line-293 or human T-cell line Jurkatt.
General notesTRAIL R2 = "TNF Related Apoptosis Inducing Ligand Receptor 2"
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1675 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µl for 106 cells.
ab37373 - Goat polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionReceptor for the cytotoxic ligand TNFSF10/TRAIL. The adapter molecule FADD recruits caspase-8 to the activated receptor. The resulting death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs caspase-8 proteolytic activation which initiates the subsequent cascade of caspases (aspartate-specific cysteine proteases) mediating apoptosis. Promotes the activation of NF-kappa-B. Essential for ER stress-induced apoptosis.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult and fetal tissues; very highly expressed in tumor cell lines such as HeLaS3, K-562, HL-60, SW480, A-549 and G-361; highly expressed in heart, peripheral blood lymphocytes, liver, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, ovary, uterus, placenta, testis, esophagus, stomach and throughout the intestinal tract; not detectable in brain.
Involvement in diseaseSquamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 death domain.
Contains 3 TNFR-Cys repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- Fas like protein antibody
- Apoptosis inducing protein TRICK2A/2B antibody
- Apoptosis inducing receptor TRAIL R2 antibody
ab1675 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wagner J et al. Dose intensification of TRAIL-inducing ONC201 inhibits metastasis and promotes intratumoral NK cell recruitment. J Clin Invest 128:2325-2338 (2018). PubMed: 29533922
- Zhang S et al. A novel chalcone derivative S17 induces apoptosis through ROS dependent DR5 up-regulation in gastric cancer cells. Sci Rep 7:9873 (2017). PubMed: 28852176
- Wagner J et al. Preclinical evaluation of the imipridone family, analogs of clinical stage anti-cancer small molecule ONC201, reveals potent anti-cancer effects of ONC212. Cell Cycle 16:1790-1799 (2017). PubMed: 28489985