Product nameAnti-Dux4 antibody [E5-5]
See all Dux4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E5-5] to Dux4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- WB: Human testis tissue lysates. HT-1080, PC-3 Saos-2 and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035).
For details on the development of this clone, please refer to Geng et al. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2011 Apr; 30(2): 125–130.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- HeLa nuclear extract lysate (ab14655)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
- Mouse testis normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29289)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab29545)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab30151)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7188)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (14 days) (ab7189)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (7 days) (ab7190)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124699 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
RelevanceDUX4 is a homeodomain protein with a similar protein sequence to Pax3 and Pax7. Defects in DUX4 may be the cause of facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD). FSHD is characterized by weakness of the muscles of the face, upper-arm and shoulder girdle. Severity is highly variable. Weakness is slowly progressive and about 20% of affected individuals eventually require a wheelchair. Approximately 70-90% of individuals have inherited the disease-causing deletion from a parent, and approximately 10-30% of affected individuals have FSHD as the result of a de novo deletion. Offsprings of an affected individual have a 50% chance of inheriting the deletion.
- Double homeobox 4 antibody
- Double homeobox protein 10 antibody
- Double homeobox protein 4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Dux4 antibody [E5-5] (ab124699) at 1/1000 dilution (purified)
Lane 1 : HT1080 (human fibrosarcoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : PC-3 (human prostate adenocarcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Saos-2 (human osteosarcoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
All lanes : Anti-Dux4 antibody [E5-5] (ab124699) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : Human testis lysate
Lane 2 : HT1080 (human fibrosarcoma cell line) cell lysate
Lane 3 : PC-3 (human prostate adenocarcinoma cell line) cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
This product has been referenced in:
- Mitsuhashi H et al. Efficient system for upstream mRNA trans-splicing to generate covalent, head-to-tail, protein multimers. Sci Rep 9:2274 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30783185) »
- Balog J et al. Monosomy 18p is a risk factor for facioscapulohumeral dystrophy. J Med Genet 55:469-478 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29563141) »