Key features and details
- DyLight® 488 Mouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Conjugation: DyLight® 488. Ex: 493nm, Em: 518nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameDyLight® 488 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10]
See all Myc tag primary antibodies
DescriptionDyLight® 488 Mouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag
ConjugationDyLight® 488. Ex: 493nm, Em: 518nm
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Myc tagged proteins. The Myc tag epitope (EQKLISEEDL) is located at the dimerization site of c-myc and therefore this antibody does not perform well at recognizing endogenous c-myc.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 8.20
Constituent: 99% Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- DyLight® 650 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117487)
- DyLight® 550 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117511)
- FITC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117599)
- Biotin Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - C-terminal (ab197139)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab202008)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223894)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223895)
- APC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223896)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - BSA and Azide free (ab264603)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab32)
- HRP Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab62928)
- PE Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab72468)
- SureLight® APC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab72580)
- Biotin Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab81658)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117499 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/500 - 1/5000.
1/500 - 1/5000.
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
ab117499 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Al-Harrasi I et al. Molecular Characterization of a Date Palm Vascular Highway 1-Interacting Kinase (PdVIK) Under Abiotic Stresses. Genes (Basel) 11:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32438658
- Patankar HV et al. Overexpression of a Metallothionein 2A Gene from Date Palm Confers Abiotic Stress Tolerance to Yeast and Arabidopsis thaliana. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31212812