Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP700Y] to E Cadherin - Intercellular Junction Marker (Alexa Fluor® 647)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 647. Ex: 652nm, Em: 668nm
Product nameAnti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] - Intercellular Junction Marker (Alexa Fluor® 647)
See all E Cadherin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP700Y] to E Cadherin - Intercellular Junction Marker (Alexa Fluor® 647)
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 647. Ex: 652nm, Em: 668nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human E Cadherin aa 600-700. The exact sequence is proprietary. Crresponds to residues in the 5th domain of human E Cadherin.
- ICC/IF: CaCo2 cells.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.80 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] - Intercellular Junction Marker (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab185013)
- Anti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab201499)
- Anti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] - Intercellular Junction Marker (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab206878)
- Anti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] - Intercellular Junction Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab206880)
- Anti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] (PE) (ab224959)
- Anti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] - Intercellular Junction Marker (APC) (ab224960)
- Anti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] - BSA and Azide free (ab256580)
- Anti-E Cadherin antibody [EP700Y] - Intercellular Junction Marker (ab40772)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab194982 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This product gave a positive signal in CaCo2 cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and 100% methanol (5 min).
FunctionCadherins are calcium-dependent cell adhesion proteins. They preferentially interact with themselves in a homophilic manner in connecting cells; cadherins may thus contribute to the sorting of heterogeneous cell types. CDH1 is involved in mechanisms regulating cell-cell adhesions, mobility and proliferation of epithelial cells. Has a potent invasive suppressor role. It is a ligand for integrin alpha-E/beta-7.
E-Cad/CTF2 promotes non-amyloidogenic degradation of Abeta precursors. Has a strong inhibitory effect on APP C99 and C83 production.
Tissue specificityNon-neural epithelial tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDH1 are the cause of hereditary diffuse gastric cancer (HDGC) [MIM:137215]. An autosomal dominant cancer predisposition syndrome with increased susceptibility to diffuse gastric cancer. Diffuse gastric cancer is a malignant disease characterized by poorly differentiated infiltrating lesions resulting in thickening of the stomach. Malignant tumors start in the stomach, can spread to the esophagus or the small intestine, and can extend through the stomach wall to nearby lymph nodes and organs. It also can metastasize to other parts of the body. Note=Heterozygous germline mutations CDH1 are responsible for familial cases of diffuse gastric cancer. Somatic mutations in the has also been found in patients with sporadic diffuse gastric cancer and lobular breast cancer.
Defects in CDH1 are a cause of susceptibility to endometrial cancer (ENDMC) [MIM:608089].
Defects in CDH1 are a cause of susceptibility to ovarian cancer (OC) [MIM:167000]. Ovarian cancer common malignancy originating from ovarian tissue. Although many histologic types of ovarian neoplasms have been described, epithelial ovarian carcinoma is the most common form. Ovarian cancers are often asymptomatic and the recognized signs and symptoms, even of late-stage disease, are vague. Consequently, most patients are diagnosed with advanced disease.
Sequence similaritiesContains 5 cadherin domains.
modificationsDuring apoptosis or with calcium influx, cleaved by a membrane-bound metalloproteinase (ADAM10), PS1/gamma-secretase and caspase-3 to produce fragments of about 38 kDa (E-CAD/CTF1), 33 kDa (E-CAD/CTF2) and 29 kDa (E-CAD/CTF3), respectively. Processing by the metalloproteinase, induced by calcium influx, causes disruption of cell-cell adhesion and the subsequent release of beta-catenin into the cytoplasm. The residual membrane-tethered cleavage product is rapidly degraded via an intracellular proteolytic pathway. Cleavage by caspase-3 releases the cytoplasmic tail resulting in disintegration of the actin microfilament system. The gamma-secretase-mediated cleavage promotes disassembly of adherens junctions.
Cellular localizationCell junction. Cell membrane. Endosome. Golgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network. Colocalizes with DLGAP5 at sites of cell-cell contact in intestinal epithelial cells. Anchored to actin microfilaments through association with alpha-, beta- and gamma-catenin. Sequential proteolysis induced by apoptosis or calcium influx, results in translocation from sites of cell-cell contact to the cytoplasm. Colocalizes with RAB11A endosomes during its transport from the Golgi apparatus to the plasma membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Arc 1 antibody
- CADH1_HUMAN antibody
- Cadherin 1 antibody
ab194982 staining E Cadherin in CaCo2 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab194982 at 1/100 dilution (shown in red) and ab195887, Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 488), at 1/250 dilution (shown in green). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
This product also gave a positive signal under the same testing conditions in CaCo2 cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min).
ab194982 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Deng QF et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 mediates gefitinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancer through the EGFR/PI3K/AKT axis. J Cancer 11:3667-3674 (2020). PubMed: 32284763
- Wang L et al. Role of lncRNAHCP5/microRNA-525-5p/PRC1 crosstalk in the malignant behaviors of ovarian cancer cells. Exp Cell Res N/A:112129 (2020). PubMed: 32511950
- Liang H Advanced glycation end products induce proliferation, invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human SW480 colon cancer cells through the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Oncol Lett 19:3215-3222 (2020). PubMed: 32218866
- Liu F et al. Long non-coding RNA AFAP1-AS1 accelerates the progression of melanoma by targeting miR-653-5p/RAI14 axis. BMC Cancer 20:258 (2020). PubMed: 32228518
- Qu J et al. Zinc finger protein 750(ZNF750), negatively regulated by miR-17-5p, inhibits proliferation, motility and invasion of colonic cancer cells. J Gene Med N/A:e3195 (2020). PubMed: 32246873