Product nameAnti-E2 tag antibody [3F12]
See all E2 tag primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3F12] to E2 tag
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
General notesE2TAG having sequence SSTSSDFRDR or GVSSTSSDFRDR and antibodies specific for the peptide tag are covered by PCT Patent No PCT/EE01/00001 held by Quattromed Ltd. End-user is granted to use the licenced technology solely for internal research purpose only. This antibody should be used in conjunction with the E2 tagging vectors (links to the appropriate datasheet can be found in the Related Products section at the bottom of the datasheet).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [3E8] (ab1011)
- pQ-NTag/B vector (ab1041)
- pQ-Ctag/A vector (ab1051)
- pQM-NTag/C intron vector (ab1067)
- Anti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [5H4] (ab1072)
- Anti-E2 tag antibody [5E11] (ab977)
- Anti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [1E2] (ab979)
- Anti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [1E4] (ab980)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab978 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution to isolate E2Tag-tagged proteins and associated proteins/protein binding partners. Use protein G-agarose.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000 (1hr, RT) (dilute in 1% non-fat dry milk in TBST).
(Background can be reduced by adding NaCl up to a concentration of 1.5 M.)
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThe E2Tag is a peptide which is derived from the Bovine Pappillomavirus type-1 transactivator protein E2 and consists of 10 amino acids(SSTSSDFRDR). The detection of E2-tagged proteins is based on the binding of mouse monoclonal antibodies specific to the tagged recombinant protein.
- E2 epitope tag antibody
- SSTSSDFRDR epitope tag antibody
- SSTSSDFRDR tag antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Wu K et al. Cell fate determination factor DACH1 inhibits c-Jun-induced contact-independent growth. Mol Biol Cell 18:755-67 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17182846) »
- Auvinen E et al. Human papillomavirus type 16 E5 protein colocalizes with the antiapoptotic Bcl-2 protein. Arch Virol 149:1745-59 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 15593417) »