Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5E11] to E2 tag
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-E2 tag antibody [5E11]
See all E2 tag primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5E11] to E2 tag
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
General notesE2TAG having sequence SSTSSDFRDR or GVSSTSSDFRDR and antibodies specific for the peptide tag are covered by PCT Patent No PCT/EE01/00001 held by Quattromed Ltd. End-user is granted to use the licenced technology solely for internal research purpose only. This antibody should be used in conjunction with the E2 tagging vectors (links to the appropriate datasheet can be found in the Related Products section at the bottom of the datasheet).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab977 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Incubate for 1 hour at room temperature. Background can be reduced by adding NaCl up to a concentration of 1.5M.|
|ICC/IF||1/1000. Incubate for 1 hour at room temperature.|
RelevanceThe E2Tag is a peptide which is derived from the Bovine Pappillomavirus type-1 transactivator protein E2 and consists of 10 amino acids(SSTSSDFRDR). The detection of E2-tagged proteins is based on the binding of mouse monoclonal antibodies specific to the tagged recombinant protein.
- E2 epitope tag antibody
- SSTSSDFRDR epitope tag antibody
- SSTSSDFRDR tag antibody
Cos-7 cell lysates (1
µg of total protein per lane) were transfected with pQM vectors encoding two different E2-tagged proteins. Detection is performed with anti-E2Tag antibody (5E11) (1:10 000 in TBST) with and without high salt followed by incubation with goat anti-mouse HRP conjugate (1:10,000). Cos-7 cell lysates (1µg of total protein per lane) were transfected with pQM vectors encoding two different E2-tagged proteins. Detection is performed with anti-E2Tag antibody (5E11) (1:10 000 in TBST) with and without high salt followed by incubation with goat anti-mouse HRP conjugate (1:10,000).
ab977 at 1/200 dilution staining human Hela cells by ICC/IF. The HeLa cells were transfected with the fusion DNA construct pQM-NTag/A consisting of E2 tag fused in frame with gene specific cDNA. The cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with serum prior to incubation with the antibody for 2 hours. A Cy3 conjugated sheep anti-mouse IgG antibody was used as the secondary.
ab977 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Murayama Y et al. Establishment of DNA-DNA Interactions by the Cohesin Ring. Cell 172:465-477.e15 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29358048
- Kaczmarek K et al. Overexpression of peroxisomal testis-specific 1 protein induces germ cell apoptosis and leads to infertility in male mice. Mol Biol Cell 22:1766-79 (2011). PubMed: 21460186
- Mannan AU et al. Spastin, the most commonly mutated protein in hereditary spastic paraplegia interacts with Reticulon 1 an endoplasmic reticulum protein. Neurogenetics 7:93-103 (2006). PubMed: 16602018
- Mannan AU et al. ZFYVE27 (SPG33), a novel spastin-binding protein, is mutated in hereditary spastic paraplegia. Am J Hum Genet 79:351-7 (2006). PubMed: 16826525
- Liewen H et al. Characterization of the human GARP (Golgi associated retrograde protein) complex. Exp Cell Res 306:24-34 (2005). PubMed: 15878329
- Koljak R et al. The basis of prostaglandin synthesis in coral: molecular cloning and expression of a cyclooxygenase from the Arctic soft coral Gersemia fruticosa. J Biol Chem 276:7033-40 (2001). PubMed: 11085996
- Kaldalu N et al. Functional domains of the TOL plasmid transcription factor XylS. J Bacteriol 182:1118-26 (2000). PubMed: 10648539
- Kaldalu N et al. Monitoring and purification of proteins using bovine papillomavirus E2 epitope tags. Biotechniques 28:456-60, 462 (2000). PubMed: 10723557
- Kurg R et al. Effect of bovine papillomavirus E2 protein-specific monoclonal antibodies on papillomavirus DNA replication. J Virol 73:4670-7 (1999). PubMed: 10233926