Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3818(3)] to E2F1 - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: ChIP, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-E2F1 antibody [EPR3818(3)] - BSA and Azide free
See all E2F1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3818(3)] to E2F1 - BSA and Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIP, IP, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human E2F1 aa 350 to the C-terminus (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q01094
- NIH 3T3, MDA-MB-231, HeLa, HepG2, T47D, Human spleen and fetal muscle lysates; E2F1-DDDDK tag transfected 293T lysate.
Ab218527 is the carrier-free version of ab179445. This format is designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our carrier-free formats are supplied in a buffer free of BSA, sodium azide and glycerol for higher conjugation efficiency.
Use our conjugation kits for antibody conjugates that are ready-to-use in as little as 20 minutes with <1 minute hands-on-time and 100% antibody recovery: available for fluorescent dyes, HRP, biotin and gold.
ab218527 is compatible with the Maxpar® Antibody Labeling Kit from Fluidigm.
Maxpar® is a trademark of Fluidigm Canada Inc.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab218527 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
FunctionTranscription activator that binds DNA cooperatively with dp proteins through the E2 recognition site, 5'-TTTC[CG]CGC-3' found in the promoter region of a number of genes whose products are involved in cell cycle regulation or in DNA replication. The DRTF1/E2F complex functions in the control of cell-cycle progression from G1 to S phase. E2F-1 binds preferentially RB1 protein, in a cell-cycle dependent manner. It can mediate both cell proliferation and p53-dependent apoptosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the E2F/DP family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CDK2 and cyclin A-CDK2 in the S-phase.
Acetylation stimulates DNA-binding. Enhanced under stress conditions such as DNA damage and inhibited by retinoblastoma protein pRB. Regulated by KAP1/TRIM28 which recruits HDAC1 to E2F1 resulting in deacetylation. Acetylated by P/CAF/KAT2B.
- Information by UniProt
- Dmel\CG6376 antibody
- Dmel_CG6376 antibody
- drosE2F1 antibody
Chromatin was prepared from MCF7 cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with 1% formaldehyde for 10 minutes. The ChIP was performed with 25µg of chromatin, 5µg of ab218527 (red), and 20µl of protein A/G sepharose beads slurry (10µl of sepharose A beads + 10µl of sepharose G beads). 5μg of rabbit normal IgG was added to the beads control (grey). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Sybr green approach).
All lanes : Anti-E2F1 antibody [EPR3818(3)] - ChIP Grade (ab179445) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular carcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 3 : MDA-MB-231 (Human breast adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 4 : Human lung lysates
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 70 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 9 seconds
Blocking/Diluting buffer and concentration 5% NFDM/TBST.
Human normal lung is negative for E2F1 (PMID: 11313916).
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation containing PBS, BSA, glycerol, and sodium azide (ab179445).
Chromatin was prepared from NIH/3T3 cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with 1% formaldehyde for 10 minutes. The ChIP was performed with 25µg of chromatin, 5µg of ab218527 (red), and 20µl of protein A/G sepharose beads slurry (10µl of sepharose A beads + 10µl of sepharose G beads). 5μg of rabbit normal IgG was added to the beads control (grey). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Sybr green approach).
ab218527 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Feng Y et al. LncRNA NR-104098 Inhibits AML Proliferation and Induces Differentiation Through Repressing EZH2 Transcription by Interacting With E2F1. Front Cell Dev Biol 8:142 (2020). PubMed: 32296698
- Zhou X et al. Long noncoding RNA BSN-AS2 induced by E2F1 promotes spinal osteosarcoma progression by targeting miR-654-3p/SYTL2 axis. Cancer Cell Int 20:133 (2020). PubMed: 32351327
- Jiao X et al. Promoter methylation of SEPT9 as a potential biomarker for early detection of cervical cancer and its overexpression predicts radioresistance. Clin Epigenetics 11:120 (2019). PubMed: 31426855
- Rao VK et al. G9a promotes proliferation and inhibits cell cycle exit during myogenic differentiation. Nucleic Acids Res 44:8129-43 (2016). WB, ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 27229136
- Tian LQ et al. MicroRNA-197 inhibits cell proliferation by targeting GAB2 in glioblastoma. Mol Med Rep N/A:N/A (2016). WB . PubMed: 27035789
- Peng W & Feng J Long noncoding RNA LUNAR1 associates with cell proliferation and predicts a poor prognosis in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Biomed Pharmacother 77:65-71 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26796267
- Chen MH et al. Lentiviral Vector-Mediated p27(kip1) Expression Facilitates Recovery After Spinal Cord Injury. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2015). Rat . PubMed: 26526846
- Chen JH et al. Overexpression of PDZ-binding kinase confers malignant phenotype in prostate cancer via the regulation of E2F1. Int J Biol Macromol 81:615-23 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26314905
- Zhussupova A et al. An E2F1-HOXB9 transcriptional circuit is associated with breast cancer progression. PLoS One 9:e105285 (2014). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25136922