Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8622] to E2F2
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-E2F2 antibody [EPR8622]
See all E2F2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8622] to E2F2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human E2F2 aa 300-400. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- K562, 293T, HepG2, and Ramos cell lysates. Ramos cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab138515 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionTranscription activator that binds DNA cooperatively with DP proteins through the E2 recognition site, 5'-TTTC[CG]CGC-3' found in the promoter region of a number of genes whose products are involved in cell cycle regulation or in DNA replication. The DRTF1/E2F complex functions in the control of cell-cycle progression from g1 to s phase. E2F-2 binds specifically to RB1 protein, in a cell-cycle dependent manner.
Tissue specificityHighest level of expression is found in placenta, low levels are found in lung. Found as well in many immortalized cell lines derived from tumor samples.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the E2F/DP family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CDK2 and cyclin A-CDK2 in the S-phase.
- Information by UniProt
- dE2F2 antibody
- E2F transcription factor 2 antibody
- E2F-2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-E2F2 antibody [EPR8622] (ab138515) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Ramos cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Flow Cytometrical analysis of permeabilized Ramos cells with ab138515 antibody at a dilution of 1/100 (red) or a rabbit IgG negative (green).
ab138515 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang H et al. Downregulation of microRNA-519 enhances development of lung cancer by mediating the E2F2/PI3K/AKT axis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 13:711-720 (2020). PubMed: 32355519
- Wei D et al. Transcriptional Regulation by CpG Sites Methylation in the Core Promoter Region of the Bovine SIX1 Gene: Roles of Histone H4 and E2F2. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29337851
- Béguelin W et al. EZH2 enables germinal centre formation through epigenetic silencing of CDKN1A and an Rb-E2F1 feedback loop. Nat Commun 8:877 (2017). PubMed: 29026085
- Mei Z et al. FBXO32 Targets c-Myc for Proteasomal Degradation and Inhibits c-Myc Activity. J Biol Chem 290:16202-14 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25944903
- Perry MC et al. ERBB2 deficiency alters an E2F-1-dependent adaptive stress response and leads to cardiac dysfunction. Mol Cell Biol 34:4232-43 (2014). PubMed: 25246633