Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [220D1a] to E2F5
- Suitable for: WB, Dot blot
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-E2F5 antibody [220D1a]
See all E2F5 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [220D1a] to E2F5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Dot blotmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment (Human)
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesFiltered through a 0.22 µm membrane.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59769 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionTranscriptional activator that binds to E2F sites, these sites are present in the promoter of many genes whose products are involved in cell proliferation. May mediate growth factor-initiated signal transduction. It is likely involved in the early responses of resting cells to growth factor stimulation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the E2F/DP family.
- Information by UniProt
- E2F 5 antibody
- E2F transcription factor 5 antibody
- E2F transcription factor 5 p130 binding antibody
ab59769 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang L et al. A novel genetic system based on zinc finger nucleases for the identification of interactions between proteins in vivo. PLoS One 8:e85650 (2013). PubMed: 24392024
- Uboldi S et al. A systems biology approach to characterize the regulatory networks leading to trabectedin resistance in an in vitro model of myxoid liposarcoma. PLoS One 7:e35423 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22523595
- Jiang Y et al. A potential oncogenic role of the commonly observed E2F5 overexpression in hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol 17:470-7 (2011). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 21274376
- Wan Z et al. Human parvovirus B19 causes cell cycle arrest of human erythroid progenitors via deregulation of the E2F family of transcription factors. J Clin Invest 120:3530-44 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20890043