Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to E2F5
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-E2F5 antibody
See all E2F5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to E2F5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human E2F5 aa 1-50 (N terminal). 50 amino acid range mapping within amino acids 1-50 ESF-5
- MCF7, NIH/3T3 cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.01% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab44996 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa.|
FunctionTranscriptional activator that binds to E2F sites, these sites are present in the promoter of many genes whose products are involved in cell proliferation. May mediate growth factor-initiated signal transduction. It is likely involved in the early responses of resting cells to growth factor stimulation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the E2F/DP family.
- Information by UniProt
- E2F 5 antibody
- E2F transcription factor 5 antibody
- E2F transcription factor 5 p130 binding antibody
ab44996 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Sun F et al. MicroRNA-544 inhibits esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell proliferation and enhances sensitivity to cisplatin by repressing E2F transcription factor 5. Oncol Lett 18:4203-4209 (2019). PubMed: 31579422
- Li SM et al. The putative tumour suppressor miR-1-3p modulates prostate cancer cell aggressiveness by repressing E2F5 and PFTK1. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 37:219 (2018). PubMed: 30185212
- Vuong L et al. Pattern of expression of p53, its family members, and regulators during early ocular development and in the post-mitotic retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:4821-31 (2012). PubMed: 22714890