Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TFE61] to E2F6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-E2F6 antibody [TFE61]
See all E2F6 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TFE61] to E2F6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
- Hela cells or K-562 nuclear extract.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11952 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionInhibitor of E2F-dependent transcription. Binds DNA cooperatively with DP proteins through the E2 recognition site, 5'-TTTC[CG]CGC-3'. Has a preference for the 5'-TTTCCCGC-3' E2F recognition site. E2F-6 lacks the transcriptional activation and pocket protein binding domains. Appears to regulate a subset of E2F-dependent genes whose products are required for entry into the cell cycle but not for normal cell cycle progression. May silence expression via the recruitment of a chromatin remodeling complex containing histone H3-K9 methyltransferase activity. Overexpression delays the exit of cells from the S-phase.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined. Highest levels in placenta, skeletal muscle, heart, ovary, kidney, small intestine and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the E2F/DP family.
- Information by UniProt
- E2F 6 antibody
- E2F binding site modulating activity protein antibody
- E2F transcription factor 6 antibody
ab11952 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Han N et al. LncRNA MATN1-AS1 prevents glioblastoma cell from proliferation and invasion via RELA regulation and MAPK signaling pathway. Ann Transl Med 7:784 (2019). PubMed: 32042800
- Pei Y et al. EBV Nuclear Antigen 3C Mediates Regulation of E2F6 to Inhibit E2F1 Transcription and Promote Cell Proliferation. PLoS Pathog 12:e1005844 (2016). PubMed: 27548379
- Hansen HG et al. Versatile microscale screening platform for improving recombinant protein productivity in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Sci Rep 5:18016 (2015). PubMed: 26657798
- Furuta M et al. miR-124 and miR-203 are epigenetically silenced tumor-suppressive microRNAs in hepatocellular carcinoma. Carcinogenesis 31:766-76 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19843643
- Kozaki K et al. Exploration of tumor-suppressive microRNAs silenced by DNA hypermethylation in oral cancer. Cancer Res 68:2094-105 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18381414