Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EAAT1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41751 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionTransports L-glutamate and also L- and D-aspartate. Essential for terminating the postsynaptic action of glutamate by rapidly removing released glutamate from the synaptic cleft. Acts as a symport by cotransporting sodium.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in cerebellum, but also found in frontal cortex, hippocampus and basal ganglia.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC1A3 are the cause of episodic ataxia type 6 (EA6) [MIM:612656]. EA6 is characterized by episodic ataxia, seizures, migraine and alternating hemiplegia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:dicarboxylate (SDF) symporter (TC 2.A.23) family. SLC1A3 subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- EA6 antibody
- EAA1_HUMAN antibody
- EAAT1 antibody
Anti-EAAT1 antibody (ab41751) at 1 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) at 10 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Observed band size: 56 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab41751 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab41751, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) PC12 cells at 5µg/ml.
ab41751 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Mohammadshirazi A et al. Combinational therapy of lithium and human neural stem cells in rat spinal cord contusion model. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31004353
- Greferath U et al. Inner retinal change in a novel rd1-FTL mouse model of retinal degeneration. Front Cell Neurosci 9:293 (2015). PubMed: 26283925
- Russo R et al. Impairment of neuronal glutamate uptake and modulation of the glutamate transporter GLT-1 induced by retinal ischemia. PLoS One 8:e69250 (2013). IHC . PubMed: 23936321
- Honsa P et al. Polydendrocytes display large lineage plasticity following focal cerebral ischemia. PLoS One 7:e36816 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 22590616
- Helms HC et al. In vitro evidence for the brain glutamate efflux hypothesis: brain endothelial cells cocultured with astrocytes display a polarized brain-to-blood transport of glutamate. Glia 60:882-93 (2012). ICC/IF . PubMed: 22392649