Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EAAT2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EAAT2 antibody
See all EAAT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EAAT2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Rat EAAT2 aa 550 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P31596
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41621 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionTransports L-glutamate and also L- and D-aspartate. Essential for terminating the postsynaptic action of glutamate by rapidly removing released glutamate from the synaptic cleft. Acts as a symport by cotransporting sodium.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:dicarboxylate (SDF) symporter (TC 2.A.23) family. SLC1A2 subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- EAA2_HUMAN antibody
- EAAT2 antibody
- Excitatory amino acid transporter 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EAAT2 antibody (ab41621) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse brain tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 62 kDa
Observed band size: 62 kDa
Methanol fixed human astrocytes (differentiated from H9-derived neuronal) cells labeling EAAT2 using ab41621 at a 1/250 dilution, 1 hr, 22°C (green) followed by an Alexa Fluor® 488 secondary antibody (1/1000 dilution), in ICC/IF.
Cells were blocked in 5% BSA for 30 mins, 22°C.
ICC/IF image of ab41621 stained PC-12 (rat adrenal gland pheochromocytoma cell line) cells.
The cells were fixed in 4% formaldehyde (10 minutes) and then incubated in 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1 hour to permeabilize the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab41621, 5 µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1 hour. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1 hour. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM.
ab41621 has been referenced in 48 publications.
- Skórkowska A et al. Effect of Combined Prenatal and Adult Benzophenone-3 Dermal Exposure on Factors Regulating Neurodegenerative Processes, Blood Hormone Levels, and Hematological Parameters in Female Rats. Neurotox Res 37:683-701 (2020). PubMed: 31970650
- Silva-Adaya D et al. Early Neurotoxic Effects of Inorganic Arsenic Modulate Cortical GSH Levels Associated With the Activation of the Nrf2 and NF?B Pathways, Expression of Amino Acid Transporters and NMDA Receptors and the Production of Hydrogen Sulfide. Front Cell Neurosci 14:17 (2020). PubMed: 32194376
- Zhang RS et al. Latrophilin-2 and latrophilin-3 are redundantly essential for parallel-fiber synapse function in cerebellum. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32202499
- Martinez D et al. Loss of excitatory amino acid transporter restraint following chronic intermittent hypoxia contributes to synaptic alterations in nucleus tractus solitarii. J Neurophysiol 123:2122-2135 (2020). PubMed: 32347148
- Peng M et al. Upregulation of GLT-1 via PI3K/Akt Pathway Contributes to Neuroprotection Induced by Dexmedetomidine. Front Neurol 10:1041 (2019). PubMed: 31611842