Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EAAT4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EAAT4 antibody
See all EAAT4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EAAT4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog, Human
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Mouse Cerebellum tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41650 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 mg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 66 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).|
RelevanceEAAT4 is expressed predominantly in the cerebellum (Purkinje cells) and weakly in the forebrain, where it transports L-glutamate, L-aspartate and D-aspartate, acting as a symport by cotransporting sodium. EAAT4 may function as a combined transporter and inhibitory glutamate receptor and also functions as an anion-selective ion channel.
Cellular localizationMembrane; multi-pass membrane protein.
- Excitatory amino acid transporter 4 antibody
- High affinity neuronal glutamate transporter antibody
- MGC33092 antibody
Anti-EAAT4 antibody (ab41650) at 1 µg/ml + Cerebellum Mouse Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 66 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 12 minutes
ab41650 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Zhou L et al. MicroRNA-128 Protects Dopamine Neurons from Apoptosis and Upregulates the Expression of Excitatory Amino Acid Transporter 4 in Parkinson's Disease by Binding to AXIN1. Cell Physiol Biochem 51:2275-2289 (2018). PubMed: 30537735
- Ramachandran PS et al. Nonallele Specific Silencing of Ataxin-7 Improves Disease Phenotypes in a Mouse Model of SCA7. Mol Ther N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 24930601