Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [KT36] to EB3
- Suitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-EB3 antibody [KT36]
See all EB3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [KT36] to EB3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length human EB3 fused to a tag, purified from E. coli BL21 bacteria.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months). Store at -20°C or -80°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53360 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab18450 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionMay be involved in microtubule polymerization, and spindle function by stabilizing microtubules and anchoring them at centrosomes. May play a role in cell migration.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in brain and muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAPRE family.
Contains 1 CH (calponin-homology) domain.
Contains 1 EB1 C-terminal domain.
DomainComposed of two functionally independent domains. The N-terminal domain forms an hydrophobic cleft involved in microtubule binding and the C-terminal is involved in the formation of mutually exclusive complexes with APC and DCTN1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Associated with the microtubule network.
- Information by UniProt
- APC binding protein antibody
- EB 3 antibody
- EB1 protein family member 3 antibody
Anti-EB3 antibody [KT36] (ab53360) at 1 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) at 10 µg
Peroxidase Conjugated AffiniPure Rabbit Anti-Rat IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Observed band size: 32 kDa
Exposure time: 8 minutes
Immunofluorescent staining for COS7 cells overexpressing EB3, using ab53360 at 1/100.
Immunofluorescent staining of cell mitosis using ab53360 crude culture supernatant diluted 1:10 (Please note that there was about 50-100 ug/ml antibody in the supernatants) COS7 Transformed African Green Monkey Kidney Fibroblast Cells.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab53360 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab53360, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rat IgG (H+L) (ab98386) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rat IgG2a [aRTK2758] (2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab53360 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Pavez M et al. STIM1 is required for remodelling of the endoplasmic reticulum and microtubule cytoskeleton in steering growth cones. J Neurosci N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31023836
- Fassier C et al. Motor axon navigation relies on Fidgetin-like 1-driven microtubule plus end dynamics. J Cell Biol 217:1719-1738 (2018). PubMed: 29535193
- Drum BM et al. Oxidative stress decreases microtubule growth and stability in ventricular myocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol 93:32-43 (2016). PubMed: 26902968
- Adam MG et al. SIAH ubiquitin ligases regulate breast cancer cell migration and invasion independent of the oxygen status. Cell Cycle 14:3734-47 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26654769
- Patel DM et al. Disease mutations in desmoplakin inhibit Cx43 membrane targeting mediated by desmoplakin-EB1 interactions. J Cell Biol 206:779-97 (2014). PubMed: 25225338
- Asanov A et al. A relay mechanism between EB1 and APC facilitate STIM1 puncta assembly at endoplasmic reticulum-plasma membrane junctions. Cell Calcium 54:246-56 (2013). PubMed: 23871111
- Bazellières E et al. Apico-basal elongation requires a drebrin-E-EB3 complex in columnar human epithelial cells. J Cell Sci 125:919-31 (2012). PubMed: 22275434