Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EBI3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EBI3 antibody
See all EBI3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EBI3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
16 amino acid synthetic peptide corresponding to an internal sequence of Human EBI3
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83896 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
FunctionAssociates with IL27 to form the IL-27 interleukin, a heterodimeric cytokine which functions in innate immunity. IL-27 has pro- and anti-inflammatory properties, that can regulate T-helper cell development, suppress T-cell proliferation, stimulate cytotoxic T-cell activity, induce isotype switching in B-cells, and that has diverse effects on innate immune cells. Among its target cells are CD4 T-helper cells which can differentiate in type 1 effector cells (TH1), type 2 effector cells (TH2) and IL17 producing helper T-cells (TH17). It drives rapid clonal expansion of naive but not memory CD4 T-cells. It also strongly synergizes with IL-12 to trigger interferon-gamma/IFN-gamma production of naive CD4 T-cells, binds to the cytokine receptor WSX-1/TCCR. Another important role of IL-27 is its antitumor activity as well as its antiangiogenic activity with activation of production of antiangiogenic chemokines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 3 subfamily.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Information by UniProt
- cytokine receptor antibody
- EBI3 antibody
- EBV induced gene 3 protein antibody
ab83896 at 2.5µg/ml staining EBI3 in human spleen tissue.
Anti-EBI3 antibody (ab83896) at 2 µg/ml + Rat spleen tissue lysate at 15 µg
Goat anti-rabbit IgG (HRP) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Immunofluorescence of EBI3 in Human Spleen cells using ab83896 at 20 ug/ml.
ab83896 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Shu C et al. Metformin exhibits its therapeutic effect in the treatment of pre-eclampsia via modulating the Met/H19/miR-148a-5p/P28 and Met/H19/miR-216-3p/EBI3 signaling pathways. Int Immunopharmacol 74:105693 (2019). PubMed: 31203154
- Zhu J et al. Interleukin-35 is associated with the tumorigenesis and progression of prostate cancer. Oncol Lett 17:5094-5102 (2019). PubMed: 31186721
- Umezawa N et al. Interleukin-23 as a therapeutic target for inflammatory myopathy. Sci Rep 8:5498 (2018). PubMed: 29615652
- Al-Sammak F et al. Gastric Epithelial Expression of IL-12 Cytokine Family in Helicobacter pylori Infection in Human: Is it Head or Tail of the Coin? PLoS One 8:e75192 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24069393