Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [EBP-10] to EBP50/NHERF-1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-EBP50/NHERF-1 antibody [EBP-10]
See all EBP50/NHERF-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [EBP-10] to EBP50/NHERF-1
SpecificityHuman ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin)-binding phosphoprotein of 50 kDa (EBP50) / Na+/H+ exchange regulatory factor (NHERF-1)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human EBP50/NHERF-1.
- RAJI human lymphoma cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from hybridoma culture supernatant. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9526 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Recommended dilution: 2µg/ml. Sample preparation: Lysis buffer with maltoside (1%). Application note: Non-reducing conditions with SDS-PAGE (10% separating gel).|
FunctionScaffold protein that connects plasma membrane proteins with members of the ezrin/moesin/radixin family and thereby helps to link them to the actin cytoskeleton and to regulate their surface expression. Necessary for recycling of internalized ADRB2. Was first known to play a role in the regulation of the activity and subcellular location of SLC9A3. Necessary for cAMP-mediated phosphorylation and inhibition of SLC9A3. May enhance Wnt signaling. May participate in HTR4 targeting to microvilli (By similarity). Interacts with MCC.
Tissue specificityDetected in liver, kidney, pancreas, prostate, spleen, small intestine and placenta, in particular in the syncytiotrophoblast.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC9A3R1 are the cause of hypophosphatemic nephrolithiasis/osteoporosis type 2 (NPHLOP2) [MIM:612287]. Hypophosphatemia results from idiopathic renal phosphate loss. It contributes to the pathogenesis of hypophosphatemic urolithiasis (formation of urinary calculi) as well to that of hypophosphatemic osteoporosis (bone demineralization).
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 PDZ (DHR) domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Apical cell membrane. Endomembrane system. Cell projection > filopodium. Cell projection > ruffle. Cell projection > microvillus. Translocates from the cytoplasm to the apical cell membrane in a PODXL-dependent manner (By similarity). Colocalizes with actin in microvilli-rich apical regions of the syncytiotrophoblast. Found in microvilli, ruffling membrane and filopodia of HeLa cells. Present in lipid rafts of T-cells.
- Information by UniProt
- EBP 50 antibody
- EBP50 antibody
- Ezrin radixin moesin binding phosphoprotein 50 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EBP50/NHERF-1 antibody [EBP-10] (ab9526) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Observed band size: 48 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab9526 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab9526, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab9526 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- He P et al. The NHERF1 PDZ1 domain and IRBIT interact and mediate the activation of Na+/H+ exchanger 3 by ANG II. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 311:F343-51 (2016). PubMed: 27279487
- He P et al. Restoration of Na+/H+ exchanger NHE3-containing macrocomplexes ameliorates diabetes-associated fluid loss. J Clin Invest 125:3519-31 (2015). PubMed: 26258413
- Liu H et al. SLC9A3R1 stimulates autophagy via BECN1 stabilization in breast cancer cells. Autophagy 11:2323-34 (2015). PubMed: 26218645
- Wang B et al. Ezrin-anchored PKA Coordinates Phosphorylation-dependent Disassembly of a NHERF1 Ternary Complex to Regulate Hormone-sensitive Phosphate Transport. J Biol Chem : (2012). PubMed: 22628548
- Liu L et al. Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor 1 (NHERF1) directly regulates osteogenesis. J Biol Chem 287:43312-21 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23109343
- Reining SC et al. GABARAP deficiency modulates expression of NaPi-IIa in renal brush-border membranes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F1118-28 (2009). PubMed: 19225049
- Saotome I et al. Ezrin is essential for epithelial organization and villus morphogenesis in the developing intestine. Dev Cell 6:855-64 (2004). PubMed: 15177033
- Helms C et al. A putative RUNX1 binding site variant between SLC9A3R1 and NAT9 is associated with susceptibility to psoriasis. Nat Genet 35:349-56 (2003). PubMed: 14608357
- Mahon MJ et al. Na+/H+ exchanger-regulatory factor 1 mediates inhibition of phosphate transport by parathyroid hormone and second messengers by acting at multiple sites in opossum kidney cells. Mol Endocrinol 17:2355-64 (2003). PubMed: 12881509
- Brdickova N et al. Interaction between two adapter proteins, PAG and EBP50: a possible link between membrane rafts and actin cytoskeleton. FEBS Lett 507:133-6 (2001). PubMed: 11684085