Product nameECL Substrate Kit (High Sensitivity)
See all ECL Substrate kits
High Sensitivity ECL Substrate Kit ab133406 is designed for the detection of proteins with 23pg-187ng of protein per band. It uses an enhanced chemiluminescent substrate for western blotting that was developed for film imaging and is also compatible with CCD imaging. The high sensitivity ECL substrate produces a strong signal with very low background. Additionally, the ECL signal is long lasting, allowing repeated exposures without fear of losing data.
Our ECL kits include our popular ECL Substrate Kit ab65623 and our high sensitivity ECL substrate kits:
- this kit (High Sensitivity ECL Substrate Kit ab133406) to detect 23pg-187ng of protein per band
- Very High Sensitivity ECL Substrate Kit ab133408 to detect 4.6pg-4.7ng of protein per band
- Ultra High Sensitivity ECL Substrate Kit ab133409 to detect 1.2pg-2ng of protein per band
Detection ranges in pg and ng stated above should be used for guidance only as detection range is dependent on the molecular weight of a protein.
This product was previously called Optiblot ECL Detect Kit (23pg-187ng).
- 200ml kit for 2000cm2 membrane
- 500ml kit for 5000cm2 membrane
The primary antibody can often be diluted 5 to 10 fold more than usual when using this ECL substrate. A typical primary antibody dilution range using the substrate is 1/5000 - 1/20,000, with a typical secondary antibody dilution range of 1/20,000 - 1/100,000. Some optimisation may be required.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 200 ml 20 ml 500 ml Luminol/Enhancer Solution 1 x 100ml 1 x 10ml 1 x 250ml Peroxide Chemiluminescent Detection Reagent 1 x 100ml 1 x 10ml 1 x 250ml
- Prestained Protein Ladder - Mid-range molecular weight (10 - 180 kDa) (ab116027)
- Prestained Protein Ladder - Broad molecular weight (10-245 kDa) (ab116028)
- TEO-Tricine SDS Gels - RunBlue™ (4-20% 12 well - 10x10cm) (ab119205)
- Precast Gel SDS-PAGE 4-20% (8x10cm,12well) (ab119209)
- InstantBlue® Coomassie Protein Stain (ab119211)
- Bradford Reagent (ab119216)
- Low Fluorescence Western Membrane (PVDF) (ab133411)
- Precast Gel SDS-PAGE 4-20% (10x10cm,17well) (ab139603)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133406 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
HRP conjugated polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (ab97080) at 1/50000 developed using Optiblot ECL Detect and Vendor A ECL subtrate.
Each lane contains the following amount of COX2 recombinant protein (ab58868): 1) 100ng 2) 50ng 3) 25ng 4) 12.5ng 5) 6.25ng 6) 3.13ng 7) 1.56ng 8) 780pg 9) 390pg 10) 195pg 11) 98pg. The blot was probed with rabbit anti-COX2 antibody (ab15191) and with a rabbit secondary (ab97080). The blot was developed with 20ml of Optiblot ECL Detect.
This product has been referenced in:
- Yang L et al. Panax ginseng Inhibits Metabolism of Diester Alkaloids by Downregulating CYP3A4 Enzyme Activity via the Pregnane X Receptor. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:3508658 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31057647) »
- Ozsoy AZ et al. Altered expression of p97/Valosin containing protein and impaired autophagy in preeclamptic human placenta. Placenta 67:45-53 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29941173) »