Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EDC4
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EDC4 antibody
See all EDC4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EDC4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide from a region between residue 1 and 50 of human EDC4, AAH43616.
- Whole cell lysate from Hela, 293T and NIH3T3 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72408 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 55, 190 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 152 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionIn the process of mRNA degradation, seems to play a role in mRNA decapping. Component of a complex containing DCP2 and DCP1A which functions in decapping of ARE-containing mRNAs. Promotes complex formation between DCP1A and DCP2. Enhances the catalytic activity of DCP2 (in vitro).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat EDC4 family.
Contains 4 WD repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > P-body. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- autoantigen antibody
- Autoantigen Ge 1 antibody
- Autoantigen Ge-1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EDC4 antibody (ab72408) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate from NIH3T3 cells at 50 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 152 kDa
Observed band size: 190 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Immunoprecipitation/ Western Blot of EDC4.
Lane 1: ab72408 at 3µg/mg whole cell lysate. Lane 2: Control IgG.
ab72408 at 1µg/ml for WB. Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 1mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded.
Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 3 seconds.
IHC image of ab72408 staining in human normal skin formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab72408, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab72408 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Hernández G et al. Decapping protein EDC4 regulates DNA repair and phenocopies BRCA1. Nat Commun 9:967 (2018). PubMed: 29511213
- Namkoong S et al. Systematic Characterization of Stress-Induced RNA Granulation. Mol Cell 70:175-187.e8 (2018). PubMed: 29576526
- Chuang TW et al. A Point Mutation in the Exon Junction Complex Factor Y14 Disrupts Its Function in mRNA Cap Binding and Translation Enhancement. J Biol Chem 291:8565-74 (2016). PubMed: 26887951
- Pène V et al. Dynamic Interaction of Stress Granules, DDX3X, and IKK-a Mediates Multiple Functions in Hepatitis C Virus Infection. J Virol 89:5462-77 (2015). PubMed: 25740981
- Fathinajafabadi A et al. CERKL, a retinal disease gene, encodes an mRNA-binding protein that localizes in compact and untranslated mRNPs associated with microtubules. PLoS One 9:e87898 (2014). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24498393
- Chiang PY et al. Phosphorylation of mRNA decapping protein Dcp1a by the ERK signaling pathway during early differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. PLoS One 8:e61697 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23637887
- Chuang TW et al. The RNA-binding protein Y14 inhibits mRNA decapping and modulates processing body formation. Mol Biol Cell 24:1-13 (2013). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23115303
- Wang CY et al. Pdc1 functions in the assembly of P bodies in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Cell Biol 33:1244-53 (2013). Schizosaccharomyces pombe . PubMed: 23319050
- Chahar HS et al. P-body components LSM1, GW182, DDX3, DDX6 and XRN1 are recruited to WNV replication sites and positively regulate viral replication. Virology 436:1-7 (2013). PubMed: 23102969
- Chang WL & Tarn WY A role for transportin in deposition of TTP to cytoplasmic RNA granules and mRNA decay. Nucleic Acids Res 37:6600-12 (2009). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19729507