Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EDJ
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EDJ antibody
See all EDJ primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EDJ
Specificityab75107 detects endogenous levels of total EDJ protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human EDJ aa 31-80 (internal sequence).
Database link: Q9UBS4
- IHC-P: human heart tissue. WB: extracts from HeLa cells, HUVEC cells, COLO cells and MCF-7 cells.
Previously labelled as DNAJB11.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75107 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionServes as a co-chaperone for HSPA5. Binds directly to both unfolded proteins that are substrates for ERAD and nascent unfolded peptide chains, but dissociates from the HSPA5-unfolded protein complex before folding is completed. May help recruiting HSPA5 and other chaperones to the substrate. Stimulates HSPA5 ATPase activity.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 J domain.
modificationsContains high-mannose Endo H-sensitive carbohydrates.
Cys-169, Cys-171, Cys-193 and Cys-196 form intramolecular disulfide bonds. The preferential partner for each Cys is not known.
Thr-188 was reported (PubMed:17525332) to be phosphorylated upon DNA damage by ATM or ATR; however as this position has been shown to be in the ER lumen, the in vivo relevance is not proven.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Associated with the ER membrane in a C-terminally epitope-tagged construct.
- Information by UniProt
- ABBP-2 antibody
- ABBP2 antibody
- APOBEC1 binding protein 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EDJ antibody (ab75107) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells
Lane 2 : extracts from HUVEC
Lane 3 : extracts from COLO cells
Lane 4 : extracts from MCF-7 cells
Lane 5 : extracts from HeLa cells with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of EDJ in paraffin embedded human heart tissue using 1/50 ab75107.
Left image: untreated sample.
Right image: sample treated with immunising peptide.
ab75107 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Cornec-Le Gall E et al. Monoallelic Mutations to DNAJB11 Cause Atypical Autosomal-Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease. Am J Hum Genet 102:832-844 (2018). PubMed: 29706351
- Croner RS et al. Quantitative proteome profiling of lymph node-positive vs. -negative colorectal carcinomas pinpoints MX1 as a marker for lymph node metastasis. Int J Cancer 135:2878-86 (2014). PubMed: 24771638
- Xu W et al. Cigarette smoking exposure alters pebp1 DNA methylation and protein profile involved in MAPK signaling pathway in mice testis. Biol Reprod 89:142 (2013). PubMed: 24198121