Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1G11] to EEA1 - Early Endosome Marker
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-EEA1 antibody [1G11] - Early Endosome Marker
See all EEA1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1G11] to EEA1 - Early Endosome Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human EEA1 aa 50 to the C-terminus.
- This anitbody gave a positive immunofluorescent signal in the following cell lines: HeLa HepG2
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a custom buffer formulation or conjugation for your experiments, please contact email@example.com.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70521 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.
FunctionBinds phospholipid vesicles containing phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate and participates in endosomal trafficking.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 FYVE-type zinc finger.
DomainThe FYVE-type zinc finger domain mediates interactions with phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in membranes of early endosomes and penetrates bilayers. The FYVE domain insertion into PtdIns(3)P-enriched membranes is substantially increased in acidic conditions.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Early endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Early endosome antigen 1 antibody
- Early endosome antigen 1, 162kD antibody
- Early endosome associated protein antibody
ICC/IF image of ab70521 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were fixed with 4% PFA (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70521 at 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa and MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
ICC/IF image of ab70521 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70521, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 oat anti-mouse IgG - H&L, pre-adsorbed (ab96879) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab70521 staining EEA1 in human THP-1 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ immunofluorescence. Cells were formaldehyde fixed, permeabilized in TritonX100 and blocked in 1% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 (PBS + Tween20 + BSA 1%) and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 25°C. A 1.4 nm Gold (ultra-small) and Alexa Fluor® 594 conjugated goat polyclonal to mouse IgG1, diluted 1/500 was used as secondary. The red staining in image show EEA1 staining whilst green cytosolic staining corresponds to StarD5.
ab70521 has been referenced in 64 publications.
- Saveri P et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth Type 2B: A New Phenotype Associated with a Novel RAB7A Mutation and Inhibited EGFR Degradation. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32326241
- Taverner A et al. Cholix protein domain I functions as a carrier element for efficient apical to basal epithelial transcytosis. Tissue Barriers 8:1710429 (2020). PubMed: 31928299
- Yan P et al. Molecular Stressors Engender Protein Connectivity Dysfunction through Aberrant N-Glycosylation of a Chaperone. Cell Rep 31:107840 (2020). PubMed: 32610141
- Gao M et al. Poldip2 mediates blood-brain barrier disruption and cerebral edema by inducing AQP4 polarity loss in mouse bacterial meningitis model. CNS Neurosci Ther 26:1288-1302 (2020). PubMed: 32790044
- Fay NC et al. A Novel Fusion of IL-10 Engineered to Traffic across Intestinal Epithelium to Treat Colitis. J Immunol 205:3191-3204 (2020). PubMed: 33148717