Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EEF2/Elongation factor 2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EEF2/Elongation factor 2 antibody
See all EEF2/Elongation factor 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EEF2/Elongation factor 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
corresponding to Human EEF2/Elongation factor 2 aa 800-900 (C terminal).
This product was previously labelled as EEF2
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40812 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 95 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 95 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCatalyzes the GTP-dependent ribosomal translocation step during translation elongation. During this step, the ribosome changes from the pre-translocational (PRE) to the post-translocational (POST) state as the newly formed A-site-bound peptidyl-tRNA and P-site-bound deacylated tRNA move to the P and E sites, respectively. Catalyzes the coordinated movement of the two tRNA molecules, the mRNA and conformational changes in the ribosome.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GTP-binding elongation factor family. EF-G/EF-2 subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation by EF-2 kinase completely inactivates EF-2.
Diphthamide is 2-[3-carboxyamido-3-(trimethyl-ammonio)propyl]histidine. Diphthamide can be ADP-ribosylated by diphtheria toxin and by Pseudomonas exotoxin A, thus arresting protein synthesis.
- Information by UniProt
- EEF 2 antibody
- Eef2 antibody
- EF-2 antibody
ab40812 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Nayak T et al. The Intracellular Cleavage Product of the NG2 Proteoglycan Modulates Translation and Cell-Cycle Kinetics via Effects on mTORC1/FMRP Signaling. Front Cell Neurosci 12:231 (2018). PubMed: 30131676
- Malty RH et al. A Map of Human Mitochondrial Protein Interactions Linked to Neurodegeneration Reveals New Mechanisms of Redox Homeostasis and NF-?B Signaling. Cell Syst 5:564-577.e12 (2017). PubMed: 29128334
- Saltel F et al. Unr defines a novel class of nucleoplasmic reticulum involved in mRNA translation. J Cell Sci 130:1796-1808 (2017). PubMed: 28386023
- Leal G et al. Neuronal activity induces synaptic delivery of hnRNP A2/B1 by a BDNF-dependent mechanism in cultured hippocampal neurons. PLoS One 9:e108175 (2014). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25286195
- Sung VM & Tsai CL ADP-Ribosylargininyl reaction of cholix toxin is mediated through diffusible intermediates. BMC Biochem 15:26 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25494717
- Weber S et al. Regulation of adult hematopoiesis by the a disintegrin and metalloproteinase 10 (ADAM10). Biochem Biophys Res Commun 442:234-41 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24239882
- Manadas B et al. BDNF-induced changes in the expression of the translation machinery in hippocampal neurons: protein levels and dendritic mRNA. J Proteome Res 8:4536-52 (2009). PubMed: 19702335